Putting walk behind tiller behind a tractor

/ Putting walk behind tiller behind a tractor
I took the wheels off but had to put them back on because the tiller wanted to dig to the center of the earth.:confused3::laughing:

/ Putting walk behind tiller behind a tractor #22  
Great idea, very well thought out and designed, and it would work for me IF my garden plot was not fenced in...the plot is 28X56 and I would spend so much time backing, turning, etc. and the tractor tires would compact the soil to such a degree I would basically end up doing it again by hand.

Thanks much for showing us your handiwork !!

Attachments

• 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    802.5 KB · Views: 436
  • 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    879.1 KB · Views: 479
   / Putting walk behind tiller behind a tractor #23  
Great idea, very well thought out and designed, and it would work for me IF my garden plot was not fenced in...the plot is 28X56 and I would spend so much time backing, turning, etc. and the tractor tires would compact the soil to such a degree I would basically end up doing it again by hand.

Thanks much for showing us your handiwork !!

Most gardens are fenced where I live to keep us poor folks from stealing tomaters I guess.:D Anyway several of the people are changing their garden fences so that they can open them up on each end to drive thru easily. The ends open all the way across so there aren't any corners to deal with. I can then till their garden in a matter of minutes each year..

/ Putting walk behind tiller behind a tractor #24  
We have varmints everywhere out here so my plot is fenced....if you look at the background of one of my pics you can see the 8 foot wide secondary gate I added. Can easily get my tractor thru but as far as tilling with it goes....even a 3 point tiller would be a PIB to use.

/ Putting walk behind tiller behind a tractor
Well I finally got the tiller back from son inlaw,;) but camera battery was dead whenI went to use it.:( So here's a video from my phone, not very good:ashamed: but will try to remember next spring to take more video.:D

11 16 12 1053 - YouTube

/ Putting walk behind tiller behind a tractor #27  
I think what might help, weld a vertical post, 1" I think, straight up from the floor frame. Position the post as far back as you can. Make the post rise far enough to allow placement of about 4 25lb barbell weights. That would add substantial weight to the rear and really slow the bounce, and not interfere with hand usage, once the weights were removed.

The only thing is you MIGHT have to beef up the frame of the tiller for when your 3pt lifts it, so it didn't buckle on you.

I have wondered about this idea, or a version of it, for some time. Good to see your work, something we can all learn from. Nice job.