QA Loader roll back angle adapter??

/ QA Loader roll back angle adapter?? #11  
Guess I never scrolled up to the opening post.

/ QA Loader roll back angle adapter?? #12  
How about cutting the sides in a ">", to the angle you want,
then lift the bottom bucket plate up and weld it back.
This will reduce your bucket load but it will give you the slope angle your looking for.
Just a thought.

/ QA Loader roll back angle adapter?? #13  
...:confused:...I understand better now... Could you post a couple of pics with the actual bucket mounted and rolled back, so we can see what interfears...? Knowing more about tha mecanics involved will help me and others to give in my opinion, some better advice. :thumbsup:

/ QA Loader roll back angle adapter?? #14  
I am thinking about a different bucket also. Buy a bigger one or a different one that you can modify to make fit your desired dimenions. My bucket loaded full is light with anything except dirt or rock. With those i am near tractor capacity at bucket capacity. I would like to have a size smaller and size larger bucket for certain times

/ QA Loader roll back angle adapter?? #15  
Seems like a lot of monkeying around for what little bit more you're going to get out of it. Are you even able to get heaping bucket fulls as of now? I'd go with a large capacity bucket and keep the smaller one for harder ground.

/ QA Loader roll back angle adapter?? #16  
I just calculated the angles on my bucket & QA. With rebuild or modification of my QA, I can gain an easy 10 deg of roll back which is significant compared to the existing 23 deg. BUT, to get the bucket to roll back to flat top edge at carry height like the big self-leveling loaders, I need 40 deg improvement. I only have 37 deg of dump angle to start with so that ain't going to happen.

/ QA Loader roll back angle adapter?? #17  
I'm thinking out loud here but I think its more in the design of the curl cylinder where it meets the bucket. Larger tractors have a scissor type mechanism which I think keeps the cylinder away from the loader arm at further extensions and gives more of a curl/dump angle. Its just something I noted when we got a larger tractor and have seen it on most larger tractors above the 35 hp range.

Still, without redesigning everything a bigger bucket will do the same thing, with less spillage in the end. That is if your tractor can get a heaping bucket with the current one.

/ QA Loader roll back angle adapter?? #18  
I'm thinking out loud here but I think its more in the design of the curl cylinder where it meets the bucket. Larger tractors have a scissor type mechanism which I think keeps the cylinder away from the loader arm at further extensions and gives more of a curl/dump angle. Its just something I noted when we got a larger tractor and have seen it on most larger tractors above the 35 hp range.

You are exactly right. It's a function of the non-linkage design of the smaller loaders.

Still, without redesigning everything a bigger bucket will do the same thing, with less spillage in the end. That is if your tractor can get a heaping bucket with the current one.

Sort of. You'd need either a longer bottom or wider overall. Wider can be a problem once you get much wider than the tractor. Longer bottom is the key but you sacrifice roll force to get it. On loose material, certainly the easiest option.

/ QA Loader roll back angle adapter?? #19  
So what exactly are you trying to accomplish? You cant get a full bucket?

/ QA Loader roll back angle adapter?? #20  
Can't carry a full bucket unless you raise it 4' off the ground to make the sides level. So much material spills off the front due to lack of rollback