question about motor control valve

/ question about motor control valve #21  
I think that you are right. it will labor the hydraulic pump but I can adjust the pressure relief valve. Thanks
Laboring the hydraulic pump not a good idea.

Have you considered any of the adjustable diverter valves? There are several types but they all basically take one input stream and break it into two different output streams. most have pressure reliefs built in, but adding others additionally in each circuit is recommended
One type splits a flow into two flows. Each output can be set for different rates of flow.
The other style will not open the secondary flow untl a primary flow rate & pressure is satisfied. It is often used to assure that power steering always has priority.

/ question about motor control valve
Marcus
Are you manually operating the controls for saw feed or is it electrically operated? I was assuming electric but now not sure.

If manual then a good metering valve sized properly could help.

To determine required flow you can measure the cylinder movement in inches per second and with known cylinder size calculate the required flow rate.

Formula is: flow = cylinder velocity times cylinder area
The speed that the saw cuts is manual. I have a hydraulic valve handle that I push down for the saw to begin cutting and after the log is cut I pull the valve handle up so that the 30" bar is out of the way. It works great, just sometimes you need to cut slower.
I have ordered a inline metering valve.
thanks

/ question about motor control valve #23  
The speed that the saw cuts is manual. I have a hydraulic valve handle that I push down for the saw to begin cutting and after the log is cut I pull the valve handle up so that the 30" bar is out of the way. It works great, just sometimes you need to cut slower.
I have ordered a inline metering valve.
thanks
Let us know how it works, and you may want to keep an eye on fluid temperatures.