Question for those who live in California

/ Question for those who live in California #21  
Long gone when you could ride the bus to the airport and go duck hunting.

Even in High School the coach took care of gophers with his 22.
I remember going quail hunting before and after school. We would pluck and clean the birds and drop them off at home, then put the shotgun in the gun rack in the rear window of my truck and go to school. Then go back out hunting after school. At lunch time we would go to the parking lot and check out each other’s guns.

/ Question for those who live in California
Even in High School the coach took care of gophers with his 22.
2 weeks ago at the local high school

HS.png
HS1.png

/ Question for those who live in California #23  
Seeing is believing... most of the ROTC programs are long gone too...

/ Question for those who live in California #24  
I used to quail and dove hunt in the CA high desert.
Plenty of both of them back in the day. But not much to eat.
Really it was better shooting than eating them. lol

/ Question for those who live in California #25  
As luck would have it I just received my WA property tax bill.

Washington tax bill is now over 20k ($20,304.35)

It just might be prohibitively too expensive to leave California after all.

/ Question for those who live in California #26  
I used to quail and dove hunt in the CA high desert.
Plenty of both of them back in the day. But not much to eat.
Really it was better shooting than eating them. lol
We used to just breast the birds out. But the bag limits were high and there was plenty for a family dinner. They were a challenge to hit though.

/ Question for those who live in California #27  
Honestly, I thought you might be exaggerating, and I figured hey, what's the issue with a good old hi power? so I looked online and kept going. Glad and sorry I did.

Essentially, per California's laws if you own a handgun it will have to stay in your house, locked up and out of reach. You WILL NOT be issued a CCW so you can carry. Self-defense is NOT considered a reason to need to carry. DON'T be caught with it in your vehicle. You WILL be arrested, lose the gun, possibly your vehicle, and your freedom for a while. UNLESS you are a criminal with a long criminal history, then you'll be released right away.

Nevada residents like me - living close to California - are warned to make sure we remove any firearms from our vehicles if traveling to California. California Highway Patrol officers know that most Nevadans have firearms in their vehicles so if they stop anyone with a Nevada license they will check for firearms.

I make sure I stay out of California.

/ Question for those who live in California #28  
I have friends that travel California roads to the range with guns in locked boxes in vehicle and no issues...

The bigger problem is the ranges continue to close... several were long established but park said no longer in keeping with the mission if the park...

Last edited:
   / Question for those who live in California #29  
Essentially, per California's laws if you own a handgun it will have to stay in your house, locked up and out of reach. You WILL NOT be issued a CCW so you can carry. Self-defense is NOT considered a reason to need to carry. DON'T be caught with it in your vehicle. You WILL be arrested, lose the gun, possibly your vehicle, and your freedom for a while. UNLESS you are a criminal with a long criminal history, then you'll be released right away.

Nevada residents like me - living close to California - are warned to make sure we remove any firearms from our vehicles if traveling to California. California Highway Patrol officers know that most Nevadans have firearms in their vehicles so if they stop anyone with a Nevada license they will check for firearms.

I make sure I stay out of California.
There is a good amount of incorrect information in this post. CCW availability varies by county but some counties are as big as some states. My county is one of the larger ones and they are issuing CCW permits

/ Question for those who live in California
There is a good amount of incorrect information in this post. CCW availability varies by county but some counties are as big as some states. My county is one of the larger ones and they are issuing CCW permits
The issue with California is there really is no reason to use the "safe passage" act from saving your butt if your "driving through" the state, one part due to it's sheer size, and the other is you're either coming from Mexico on one heck of a long drive north, and if you're going west, you're going to hit the Paciffic ocean.

The other reality is even if your right and within your legal right to travel through a state with a firearm, doesn't mean they still can't arrest you and make your life a living heck.

I ALWAYS went out west with a gun. I would never be so stupid to be an out of state resident with a firearm in California, particularly with out of state plates.

No different than NY, Massachusetts, Jersey or Maryland.

Now Western Maryland is interesting, and perhaps like a little bit of California where we stayed when it comes to guns.

I do know when I went up 81 from NC to Pa, for that 15 minute drive through eastern Maryland I'd unholster everything, lock it up, then re holster when I got out of the state. Took longer storing and locking everything up and then getting everything out than the drive through the state took. That said, no way was I going to get into a car accident (not planning on being my fault LOL) and have a gun on my possession.