Question for those who live in California

/ Question for those who live in California #372  
It was not always this way but the powers that be are only now admitting to some of the problems.

But it's an election year so who knows?

Locally I would go back to 2019 in a heartbeat...

On many fronts so many things were finally coming together and then 3+ years of forced shutdowns and lawlessness free reign...

Decades wipe out in 3 years and anyone watching the man on the street YouTube videos are getting a realistic view.

Instead of helping the remedies imposed are doing more damage...

/ Question for those who live in California #373  
2019 things were going along nicely...until the climate activists got a political voice, China released Covid, we gave Afghanistan back and funded Iran, 2A restrictions, a resurgence of the race war, the 2 sexes war, the class war, the Russian war, the middle east war, and uhm, did I forget anything :oops: Oh yeah - runaway inflation !!! 😖

Last edited:
   / Question for those who live in California #374  
2019 Bay Area cities were flooded with building permit and business license applications.

Renovation with private money was everywhere...

People in suburbia were actually making an effort to come and sample the highly rated eateries and cultural events...

Block after block of urban decay called uptown was the place to be and office space at a premium with all the startups...

Old-timers thought they would never live to experience the renewal and then the rug pulled.

We were getting lots of job inquiries from out of state prospects...

None of this is reality now and entire shopping centers and commercial districts hollowed out to anarchy...

Business big and small like the first ever In and Out closing due to patrons being robbed.

Last edited:
   / Question for those who live in California #375  
did I forget anything
I think I've decided to sell my last residential rental in CA. I really don't want to-- beautiful property, highly desirable neighborhood, excellent tenants for 10 years. For years this was my primary residence. But things are just getting too stupid to bear.

The big losers will be the tenants. Which I regret. Any comparable rental is at least double the current rent (long story.) And having me throw in the towel will convert yet another rental housing unit into owner occupied. The property is far too valuable for an investor to purchase and re-rent (prob $850k market value now.)

I bought it at $179k. Obviously, many years ago. Because of my low basis I have passed along a great deal to the tenants. But enough is enough and I don't need the risk and headache from regulations.

/ Question for those who live in California #376  
My renters also enjoy a great deal because of my lower carrying costs having retired mortgages...

One family going back to the 80's and many 10+ years.

/ Question for those who live in California #377  
Junk Fees banned across California SB 478

Surcharges such as mandatory tips and credit card processing, etc. no more.

The idea is the price for something is the price outside of taxes…

/ Question for those who live in California #378  
Junk Fees banned across California SB 478

Surcharges such as mandatory tips and credit card processing, etc. no more.

The idea is the price for something is the price outside of taxes…
I'll bet this wont include all the junk fees the state imposes on us :D

/ Question for those who live in California #379  
Maybe cell phone and utility bills included???

/ Question for those who live in California #380  
Business License with Tax paid on Gross Receipts in many jurisdictions plus Statewide Rent Control along with Just Cause Eviction Requirements is a fact of being a California Housing Provider.

New to me is requirement compelling me to provide renter’s personal information to the newly created rent registry?

In todays mail… I’m afraid 1984 was a bit delayed but is alive and well in 2024
image.jpg