Question for those who live in California

/ Question for those who live in California #381  
... we gave Afghanistan back
Wow! What idiot negotiated that?

a resurgence of the race war, the 2 sexes war, the class war
There's a saying that the rich - supporting both parties - turn Americans against each other so we don't turn on them.
Reich - redistribution upward of wealth - ytpzk5yqf7la1.jpg

/ Question for those who live in California #382  

There's a saying that the rich - supporting both parties - turn Americans against each other so we don't turn on them.
View attachment 865395
It makes it seem like wealthy are burying their money in a hole in the ground?

I’m sure the very wealthy like Buffet keep their money working, employing millions.

On a separate note I’ve read that the uber wealthy like a Buffet or Gates continue to give away vast fortunes mostly through philanthropy?

My inclination is not to see a person like Buffet as maniacal and evil… but more as a person that understands business and provides capital and expertise?

A rich person has never attacked me or broken into my home… just saying.

/ Question for those who live in California #383  
Buffet, agree. Bezos? I'm not so sure. Have you seen his yacht?

Seems to me the worst mis-use of wealth is buying politicians.

/ Question for those who live in California #384  
I aspire to be a community organizer because god knows my city would surely benefit.

I learned a little going to city council meetings and speaking… meetings often lasted to 2 or 3 am.

It was a shock when the reporter that befriended me was assassinated for digging too deep into a local organization.

Contentious issues with full gallery would be held over to the following week and after several weeks of this few speakers remained…

Anyway I just arrived home from being called back to work… the city sent me a notice saying it has identified my residence as a rental and says even renting a room requires business license, rent board fees of $101 and annual and occupant registration.

I live here and never have I ever received a penny in rent.

All I can say is cities are getting desperate and beating the bushes in hopes of finding revenue.

My only regret is being 5th generation and a very entrenched Oakland resident… never would have thought these words would come from my mouth and getting out will be very costly… I keep hoping we have seen the bottom but me thinks not.

Last edited:
   / Question for those who live in California #385  

View attachment 865395
We could wipe out all personal debt and personal wealth and give everyone 25k to start fresh. In 5 years the poor would be poor again and the rich would be rich again.

There is a whole bunch of people that blame the system for their circumstances instead of blaming personal behavior patterns.

And Robert is a Karl Marx deciple. Socialized profits to subsidize lazy...is the motto. America is great, but you have to go get it...nobody is going to give it to you.

/ Question for those who live in California #386  
Ultra,

Reading that letter tears at my heart how tragic things have become.

The do-gooders who setup the agencies such as from your letter always say they do it for the "greater good." Such as more housing and lower costs.

But what happens, outside their awareness, is another bureaucratic kingdom has been established-- which is now on the launch pad. Now, each year, during budget negotiations, the game they play is to present how much of a "shortfall" they have versus what they need-- all in the quest for endless budget increases. That leads to hiring more staff, promotions up to next level supervisors, and so on. (There is *always* a shortfall compared to claimed need.)

When the budget increase is approved, it leads to even further expansion of regulations for "more good."

With passage of time, the agency is bloated, inefficient, and is unrecognizable compared to the original mission. But it keeps on steamrolling private initiative and private industry. It is impossible to kill. Too many mouths feeding at the trough. Too many self-justifications for why it needs to exist at all.

I've seen the cycle so often-- a politician with highly misleading promises of "free money" for the downtrodden. Fulfilling the campaign promise about "free money" leads to terrible public policy. Terrible public policy penalizes hard work and investment. And chases smart, hard working people and investors from the market.

You can't change one side of the supply/demand equation without a response happening on the other side of the equation. But politicians regularly do that, then claim victory, spike the ball, and move on long before the consequences bite. It is folks like you and me that are on the "teeth" end of those consequences.

/ Question for those who live in California #388  
My income tax situation was eye opening…

All taxes paid properly on time but my $17k payment not credited.

The demand letters started coming out with interest and penalties.

Each letter was immediately answered with documentation… either by email, fax and last by certified mail plus my several phone calls which was an experience in itself as being on hold 2 hours only to hear the offices are now closed… goodbye.

My last letter received Monday said final notice of levy and lien with May 9 deadline to pay.

I’ve got at least 8 hours into responding and only with the lien and levy notice was I able to reach a real person who said yes… I see your documentation, bank statements, cancelled checks, etc.

The official reason given is a massive backlog in processing which means we will take your money and then when we have time review documents presented…

Cities now requiring annual reporting of who resides at a property and square footage, amenities… is scary stuff… just like a 6k annual surcharge above and beyond any property taxes should the property be deemed under utilized or forbid a vacant building lot…

It was not suppose to go this way but not much surprises…

Last edited:
   / Question for those who live in California #389  
Cities now requiring annual reporting of who resides at a property and square footage, amenities… is scary stuff… just like a 6k annual surcharge above and beyond any property taxes should the property be deemed under utilized or forbid a vacant building lot…
Famous question from famous past political debate:

"Are you better off then you were 4 years ago?"

/ Question for those who live in California #390