Questions about the PowerTrac 425

/ Questions about the PowerTrac 425
   / Questions about the PowerTrac 425 #22  
Eyup..... my words exactly. It is the perfect machine for my use, there is even one with tracks, but unless I win the lotto, ain't gonna happen

/ Questions about the PowerTrac 425 #23  
I used to live in Fairfax County. Go a bit west of that, into the mountains, and there's rocks a plenty. :)

Sounds like you live near where Patrick (Clumber) lives. His farm is on the side of a mountain... seems to be more vertical than horizontal...

He is a stand-up guy; helped me out by letting me add a couple of attachments (plow + bucket) to his PT-425 order.... shipping on individual implements is a killer, while shipping on the whole package is relatively cheap... go figure.

/ Questions about the PowerTrac 425 #24  
You are essentially paying for the truck, whether one item or many.

Only difference is time to load and unload.

Split shipment might cost you extra. Two stops.

/ Questions about the PowerTrac 425 #25  
Split shipment might cost you extra. Two stops.
I picked it up at his house, so it wasn't split. PT through it in his truck at no charge.

/ Questions about the PowerTrac 425 #26  
GirlWhoWantsTractor, did you get a chance to got down to Power-Trac today?

If so what did you think, and what did they let you play around with.

I was down there last week, and have enough toys here to keep me busy for a while around the yard.

GirlWhoWantsTractor, did you get a chance to got down to Power-Trac today?

If so what did you think, and what did they let you play around with.

I was down there last week, and have enough toys here to keep me busy for a while around the yard.

Argh, we didn't have time. :( We run a growing business and this spring has been crazy! Won't have time today either. Will get over there hopefully this week.

Question: Do you think the Homeowner 422 PT would be enough? Is there a big difference in power/capability between the 422 and the 425 (besides the obvious 3 HP)? Seems like one major difference is the 425 has rear hydraulics for a backhoe, but we don't actually plan to get that, so why pay for the hydraulics?

Thanks guys.

Sounds like you live near where Patrick (Clumber) lives. His farm is on the side of a mountain... seems to be more vertical than horizontal...

He is a stand-up guy; helped me out by letting me add a couple of attachments (plow + bucket) to his PT-425 order.... shipping on individual implements is a killer, while shipping on the whole package is relatively cheap... go figure.

We're about 3 hours away I think. We're quite a bit south of Winchester. I spent a lot of time in that area when I used to live in Northern VA, fishing, hiking, mineral collecting in the Shenandoah, WV and so on. Yes, everyone here is real nice. Once I do get a tractor it would be great to meet some of you. Do you ever have events where TBN people get together? You know, barbecue, tractor races, awards for "Best Mod" "Craziest Tractor" and "Cleanest Tractor" :) :) :)

/ Questions about the PowerTrac 425 #29  
Thanks for the invite. That's very kind. Would like to see a picture of the rake. Does it allow you to maintain your road driving FORWARD?

We also had issues with local contractors, especially during hunting season when they don't show up for work. Fortunately, I live near two excavation contractors. So, I have access to special equipment if needed for a fee...
I used the 52 inch Ratchet Rake attached to the LMB to help maintain the road. ($300 from Lowes, See vendor video). I use it in forward and reverse modes. The problem with the PT in forward mode is that the tractor tends to try to roll over the front attachments. You have to take it slow with frequent stops and starts - not ideal but it can work. Helps if weights are attached to rear of tractor. Orient the bucket so the two sets of rake teeth are touching the ground and float mode is engaged. I do the bad spots in reverse pull mode. The Rip n Dig attachment may help with ditch maintenance.

Ratchet Rake, LLC - Tractor attachment, Bucket attachment, Loader, Skid loader, Kubota, Skid steer, Landscape rake, Brush remover, York Rake, Harley Rake, Rock Rake, Tractor rake attachment, Construction attachment, New Holland, Bobcat, Fire safety, H
Ratchet Rake, LLC - Rip and Dig, All Terrain Rake, Snow Edge, Tractor attachment, Bucket attachment, Loader, Skid loader, Kubota, Skid steer, Landscape rake, Brush remover, York Rake, Harley Rake, Rock Rake, Tractor rake attachment, Construction attac

Ratchet Rake, LLC - Tractor attachment, Bucket attachment, Loader, Skid loader, Kubota, Skid steer, Landscape rake, Brush remover, York Rake, Harley Rake, Rock Rake, Tractor rake attachment, Construction attachment, New Holland, Bobcat, Fire safety, H

The power-trac Power Rake is made for forward use.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HHUJUtarbg

There are also many grader-type attachments that can be pulled behind garden tractors.
Power Grader (Driveway Grader) | DR Power Equipment

Patrick

/ Questions about the PowerTrac 425 #30  
We're about 3 hours away I think. We're quite a bit south of Winchester. I spent a lot of time in that area when I used to live in Northern VA, fishing, hiking, mineral collecting in the Shenandoah, WV and so on. Yes, everyone here is real nice. Once I do get a tractor it would be great to meet some of you. Do you ever have events where TBN people get together? You know, barbecue, tractor races, awards for "Best Mod" "Craziest Tractor" and "Cleanest Tractor" :) :) :)

I have not seen such events here but it sounds like a good idea.