Questions about upcoming purchase

/ Questions about upcoming purchase #1  

RangerCap

Tractor
Kioto CK 35 HST; JD L130
Hello:

I will be purhasing my first tractor within the next few months. Based on what I want to do (some landscaping and drainage, building rock walls and some wood clearing), reading TBN, other reseach and talking with folks I have narrowed the choices to JD2320, Kubotas L2800 or L3400, Kioti CK27HST and Mahindra 2516HST.

Questions:
1. Does anyone want to weigh in about these tractors?
2. The current "deals" that I have found in my area are 0% for 48 to 72 months, but with finance fees of around $500; also some dealers are asking 10% down. I am wondering if so-called deals get any better or worse as Spring approaches and should I wait until then?

Looking forward to your replies.
Thanks.

RangerCap aka John

/ Questions about upcoming purchase #2  
"...some wood clearing..." needs to be explained a little more. I have the L2800 and it's very hard working with using very little fuel but the tie rods are pretty exposed. :eek: I've bent mine but I've built a couple of roads through woods, made ditches, leveled out a hillside for parking / camping spot... The three point hitch is a big let down compared to the others, you need to try it out yourself. It's a bare bone tractor... How much land do you have? plenty of room to move around - no tight places?

They are ALL good tractors, test drive them, get to know the dealer a bit, see which one "fits" you...

Last edited:
   / Questions about upcoming purchase #3  
I don't know too much about some of the tractors mentioned, but the JD Series you mentioned has less ground clearance than I like for working in the woods. I do wish Kubota had their steering linkage more protected behind the axles like the JD's though.

/ Questions about upcoming purchase #4  
Make sure you price it with the tires you want. Many dealers push R4's. Talk to others in your area about which tires are best for your needs. Also make sure you get a rear remote for top tilt or to run a log splitter ore anything else in the future.

Chris

/ Questions about upcoming purchase #5  
i would check out new hollands T1500 series, or the Boomer series, both have many different options and standard features others dont, i know for a fact these tractors are 0% apr for 48 months with no money down required. The axels, power steering lines, etc are all hidden very well so there are no worries on ground clearance

/ Questions about upcoming purchase #6  
Out of the ones you have listed the Kioti is the most capable...
The Kioti also comes standard with the quick tach bucket now and has the 4 year warranty....
The Mahindra is a good tractor but it is half the size of the Kioti.
As far as waiting...That really won't matter cause we floor plan our tractors and they all come due a different times...I would say from a financing point you may be better purchasing now with the rates they are offering.
Manufactures know that the winter months are usually slower and they have better programs this time of year vises selling season which is better known as spring.

/ Questions about upcoming purchase #7  
RangerCap check your pm

/ Questions about upcoming purchase #8  
GO ORANGE, Kioti orange that is. ;)

If your looking for a local dealer, my Kioti dealer is in Lebanon, ME and North Hampton,NH plus they have been great! My Kioti CK20HST has been flawless since Oct 2005 when I bought it new and it now has 380 hours of tough yard work, stump pulling, rock wall building, driveway building/maintaining, and snow removal.

That quick attach bucket on the CK27/CK30 sure does look nice and the new curved boom backhoes are great!

/ Questions about upcoming purchase #9  
All good advice, can't go past test drives, comparisons of spec sheets, make sure you consider the weight of the tractor too for heavier work. Talk to the different dealers and you will get a good feel for who you can trust (not totally, but more than the others).

/ Questions about upcoming purchase #10  
The L2800 has quarter-inching three point. I'd want infinitely variable, that the others have. The Kioti is heavy, which is great for stability and ground engagement, not so great for mowing. Tires do matter. If you plan to work a lot in the mud, go R1's else go R4's. R4's are more durable, and a bit wider stance.

I like my Kioti. But, I think I'd also like the other ones too (not too crazy about the quarting inching though). You might actually find that a CK20 fits your needs just as good, and it'll save you some money.