3-Point Hitch Questions/Observations operating my 3pt Hitch - Won't stay up!

/ Questions/Observations operating my 3pt Hitch - Won't stay up!
I had that problem on my bobcat. There is a tension nut with a spring mine is a 10mm wrench! Try clockwise tightens and just get it to a perfect firmness,

DUDE!!!!

You so TOTALLY Rock!

That is clear as a bell!!!!

Thanks,
David

/ Questions/Observations operating my 3pt Hitch - Won't stay up! #42  
MossflowerWoods said:
DUDE!!!!

You so TOTALLY Rock!

That is clear as a bell!!!!

Thanks,
David

No problem! Did it fix your problem?

David, this seem on the right track to me, Our tractors are different than these photo, bacause we have draft control and the Bobcat does not...

What worries me though is you say the position control requires some force to move it toward the down direction now, indicating there is drag now. and you said that even by moving up the little thumb nut stop device in the path of the control was not enough to keep the control lever from moving down.. That bothers me a great deal. because the combination of the position control drag and the thumb nut stop, would be considerable force, in the region of 30 or more pounds of force? Maybe? Please confirm. what you find.

James K0UA

James,

You rock too, but you know that... Love ya Like a Brother I do...

Your technical detail in your posts is awesome.I will try to do this in the morning.

My wife and girls are about to get home and I have not seen them since early Monday, and I'm all cleaned up and off to go lead my Men's Group from my Church, so I can;t do it until tomorrow (and it will be 104 degrees tomorrow!).

Worst case, I am conbsidering letting the dealer do the 100 hr plus the stuff I skipped at the 50. The HST feels sluggish up my driveway hill and it might be worth the cost just for peace of mind (and more seat time vs. wrench time for me). He can do it if I don't.

Thank YOU very much sir.

David