3-Point Hitch Questions/Observations operating my 3pt Hitch - Won't stay up!

/ Questions/Observations operating my 3pt Hitch - Won't stay up! #31  
simple test, raise implement just like you always have. Duct tape lever in full raised position. drive around and bouce implement. does it move?

/ Questions/Observations operating my 3pt Hitch - Won't stay up! #32  
Yeah, if the lever is moving as the implement drops (or vice versa) I think this is a minor lever issue.

/ Questions/Observations operating my 3pt Hitch - Won't stay up! #33  
I've read here somewhere that you don't want to close the vent knob right up as it won't allow fluid to pass, and then the 3pth hydraulics will be fighting it all the time and something will break.
Its normal for the 3pth to drop when the tractor is off, so don't worry about that. With the tractor running it will self correct to the position you set every so often depending on how heavy the implement you have on the hitch is.
It really sounds like you just need more friction in the position control.

I agree, do not tighten the hitch drop rate knob to keep the hitch in place, that is not what it is intended for.

/ Questions/Observations operating my 3pt Hitch - Won't stay up!
s219 said:
Yeah, if the lever is moving as the implement drops (or vice versa) I think this is a minor lever issue.

If lever is set to 10, and 3pt droops, that NEVER happens.

What happens is ALWAYS lever moves down with attachment.

I'm looking for loose nut now...

David

/ Questions/Observations operating my 3pt Hitch - Won't stay up! #35  
David, I don't know about your Kioti's lift, but there is a very simple way to limit the lowest point to a fixed height and still allow the lift to be raised when needed for transport. It involves using chain from the toplink pin on the tractor to the pins on the lift arms. The chain attached would look like this photo of my old Ford. In addition to the photo and illustration, here's a link to how to make a set of chains. I found mine at a dealer, but I don't think they are common.

EDIT: In the photo below, my toplink is replaced with a chain, but the lift limit chains work equally well with a rigid oem toplink.

CutterHookup.JPG

MowLevel.jpg

/ Questions/Observations operating my 3pt Hitch - Won't stay up! #36  
David, I don't know about your Kioti's lift, but there is a very simple way to limit the lowest point to a fixed height and still allow the lift to be raised when needed for transport. It involves using chain from the toplink pin on the tractor to the pins on the lift arms. The chain attached would look like this photo of my old Ford. In addition to the photo and illustration, here's a link to how to make a set of chains. I found mine at a dealer, but I don't think they are common.

EDIT: In the photo below, my toplink is replaced with a chain, but the lift limit chains work equally well with a rigid oem toplink.

View attachment 272305

View attachment 272306

Jim from his last post, it appears that the 3pt is not dropping unless the lever is moving, and the lever is moving on its own. Of course you could slide the little lever limiter stop up the lever channel and screw it down and that would prevent the lever from moving down on its own. but he needs to figure out why that lever is moving on its own anyway.

James K0UAS

/ Questions/Observations operating my 3pt Hitch - Won't stay up!
k0ua said:
Of course you could slide the little lever limiter stop up the lever channel and screw it down and that would prevent the lever from moving down on its own.

James K0UAS

James,

When I was bush hogging the lever was shoving down the little twist lock. I could not get it tight enough.

Where the heck is this nut for the lever! Do I need to take the console apart?

David

/ Questions/Observations operating my 3pt Hitch - Won't stay up! #38  
You may not be able to see the nut, but you should be able to reach up from underneath and feel it with your hand and put a wrench on it and tighten it up.
Now that I think about it, you might be able to tighten the nut up just by putting the wrench through the lever slot in the console. :cool:

/ Questions/Observations operating my 3pt Hitch - Won't stay up! #39  
I had that problem on my bobcat. There is a tension nut with a spring mine is a 10mm wrench! Try clockwise tightens and just get it to a perfect firmness,

Attachments

• image-2210933318.jpg
    image-2210933318.jpg
    345.7 KB · Views: 97
  • image-3487196903.jpg
    image-3487196903.jpg
    375.1 KB · Views: 100
  • image-1172050561.jpg
    image-1172050561.jpg
    307.9 KB · Views: 71
  • image-4180472577.jpg
    image-4180472577.jpg
    270 KB · Views: 89
  • image-3774767038.jpg
    image-3774767038.jpg
    347.3 KB · Views: 96
   / Questions/Observations operating my 3pt Hitch - Won't stay up! #40  
I had that problem on my bobcat. There is a tension nut with a spring mine is a 10mm wrench! Try clockwise tightens and just get it to a perfect firmness,

David, this seem on the right track to me, Our tractors are different than these photo, bacause we have draft control and the Bobcat does not.. so there are 2 of these 10 mm cap bolts, and they are not as easy to get to as this one either. You will need a 10mm socket and an extension to get to it. You will want to tighten the one on the right as you look at the linkage and valve axle assembly from the back of the tractor, If you notice carefully there is a compression spring under the 10mm cap bolt. Observe how the position control is the center axle shaft of control, and the draft is the outer shaft when you tighten down on that collar, it should squeeze down on that shaft that the position control is attached to and give it more drag. What worries me though is you say the position control requires some force to move it toward the down direction now, indicating there is drag now. and you said that even by moving up the little thumb nut stop device in the path of the control was not enough to keep the control lever from moving down.. That bothers me a great deal. because the combination of the position control drag and the thumb nut stop, would be considerable force, in the region of 30 or more pounds of force? Maybe? Please confirm. what you find.

James K0UA