3-Point Hitch Questions/Observations operating my 3pt Hitch - Won't stay up!

/ Questions/Observations operating my 3pt Hitch - Won't stay up! #21  
David,
Not sure on the Kioti, but every other tractor that I know of, you push the draft lever all the way down and just use the other lever (position lever). If the draft lever is all the way down, it should have nothing to do with the hitch.

/ Questions/Observations operating my 3pt Hitch - Won't stay up!
David,
Not sure on the Kioti, but every other tractor that I know of, you push the draft lever all the way down and just use the other lever (position lever). If the draft lever is all the way down, it should have nothing to do with the hitch.

BF62,

That is what I was told as well. That is how I've been operating until today.

Like I said, I cannot yet reproduce at will. I may bush hog again tomorrow, and I will see if it is merely a weight difference.

But my tractor is NOT keeping my bush hog position control where I set it, and I am now worried.

That is my whole concern my friend.

Thanks,
David

/ Questions/Observations operating my 3pt Hitch - Won't stay up! #23  
it sure seems like a draft control problem.it may be out of adjustment from the factory get your dealer to check the adjustment.

/ Questions/Observations operating my 3pt Hitch - Won't stay up! #24  
David with the draft control left on 0 , did I understand you to say that you saw the position control lever move by itself? It would seem to me that in that rather complicated looking linkage under that lever, that something is loose. Does the position control lever move too easily.. Mine is smooth but stiff, in that it takes some force to move it, does yours maybe move more easily now than it did? grasping at straws here.

James K0UA

/ Questions/Observations operating my 3pt Hitch - Won't stay up! #25  
BF62,

That is what I was told as well. That is how I've been operating until today.

Like I said, I cannot yet reproduce at will. I may bush hog again tomorrow, and I will see if it is merely a weight difference.

But my tractor is NOT keeping my bush hog position control where I set it, and I am now worried.

That is my whole concern my friend.

Thanks,
David
Sounds like it's time to call the dealer's service department. I'm just guessing, but there might be something screwed up internally.

k0ua said:
David with the draft control left on 0 , did I understand you to say that you saw the position control lever move by itself? It would seem to me that in that rather complicated looking linkage under that lever, that something is loose. Does the position control lever move too easily.. Mine is smooth but stiff, in that it takes some force to move it, does yours maybe move more easily now than it did? grasping at straws here.

James K0UA

James,

No, the lever has resistance and the linkage seems fine.

I looked like it was bleeding down, the lever just slowly went from 10 to like 7 or 6 before I interfered and pushed it back to 10.

But it only happened once.

I'm stumped...
David

/ Questions/Observations operating my 3pt Hitch - Won't stay up! #27  
James,

No, the lever has resistance and the linkage seems fine.

I looked like it was bleeding down, the lever just slowly went from 10 to like 7 or 6 before I interfered and pushed it back to 10.

But it only happened once.

I'm stumped...
David

Ok, well in that case I an thinking it is time to call the dealer, and see what the problem could be. Of course as you know in troubleshooting, it is going to be hard to find, as it is not repeatable upon demand.

James K0UA

/ Questions/Observations operating my 3pt Hitch - Won't stay up! #28  
There should be a single nut that you can tighten up that will stop the position control lever from moving on it's own. Even if you feel that you now have some resistance in the lever, tighten that nut up tighter. See what that does. Push your draft control lever forward and forget about it for now. You should only use draft control when doing earth work and never should it be used to lift an implement out of the ground. That is not what it is for and you will end up causing internal damage with the improper use of the draft control.

Does the hitch drop on it's own if the tractor is not moving? Or does this only happen when the tractor is in motion? From everything that you have said in this thread, I believe that the nut that holds the position control and draft control levers is looser than it should be.

Just my :2cents: and probably not really worth that. ;)

There should be a single nut that you can tighten up...

Does the hitch drop on it's own if the tractor is not moving? Or does this only happen when the tractor is in motion? From everything that you have said in this thread, I believe that the nut that holds the position control and draft control levers is looser than it should be.

Just my :2cents: and probably not really worth that. ;)

Brian,

Most of the time when running there is a nut loose in the seat... :D

I will tighten this nut and pay attention today. I think it only drops when in motion, specifically when bouncing from rough terrain or jerky jerk operation of the grapple. When sitting and running, I have not seen it drop, if turned off, the 3pt will settle, unless I tighten the silver knob too tight which stops it from falling. Just a thought, should I set my level when hogging and tighten that vent knob?

I'm happy to listen to your 2 cents sir!

David

/ Questions/Observations operating my 3pt Hitch - Won't stay up! #30  
Brian,

Most of the time when running there is a nut loose in the seat... :D

I will tighten this nut and pay attention today. I think it only drops when in motion, specifically when bouncing from rough terrain or jerky jerk operation of the grapple. When sitting and running, I have not seen it drop, if turned off, the 3pt will settle, unless I tighten the silver knob too tight which stops it from falling. Just a thought, should I set my level when hogging and tighten that vent knob?

I'm happy to listen to your 2 cents sir!

David

I've read here somewhere that you don't want to close the vent knob right up as it won't allow fluid to pass, and then the 3pth hydraulics will be fighting it all the time and something will break.
Its normal for the 3pth to drop when the tractor is off, so don't worry about that. With the tractor running it will self correct to the position you set every so often depending on how heavy the implement you have on the hitch is.
It really sounds like you just need more friction in the position control.