Questions on an older BX23

/ Questions on an older BX23
tsph I was wondering if BX owners swapped attachments around much and it sure looks like you do ! This week went by so fast , I had ordered a Titian bolt on thumb before the tractor came so started putting that on Tues. evening finishing trimming the excess from the top bolt holes weren't used so didn't like it getting too close to the bucket cylinder & fitting . I've been working 16 hrs days since including today , I'll make another thread but if anyone knows if the 3 point hitch kit for the BX25 & 24 , PT# BX2506 , could but modified to fit my BX23 ? Mine didn't come with the arms , ect

/ Questions on an older BX23 #12  
tsph I was wondering if BX owners swapped attachments around much and it sure looks like you do !

My scheme is what I have to do to get away from random swaps that can wear me out for the day.
My grass catcher/leaf sucker is the worst - designed to be put on once and left on.

The FEL/BH 2 at a time took some learning. I've tried, let's say 1/2 measures and had to unload FEL for rears in air or rocked the engine/front axle trying to move a stump with BH. Much easier to just consider them a counter balancing team

/ Questions on an older BX23 #13  
tsph I was wondering if BX owners swapped attachments around much

I have a BX2350, with FEL, MMM and various 3ph attachments. I used to leave FEL and MMM on for everything. After hitting various things with the FEL, and learning that when you hit any normal residential landscaping with your FEL you break it, I started taking it off to mow. It's amazing how much lighter and easier to manoeuvre the machine feels, and once you do it a couple times it comes off very quickly. I'd like that single lever manifold though.

I also used to leave the MMM on, but now that I've worked out I can lift the front wheels with the FEL and pull the mower out forwards, I take it off much more often. It's not so hard, and again it's nice to not drown the mower in the lake (putting the boat in), or drag it through the dirt (moving mulch).

And the 3ph stuff I always take off. I built dollies from some 2x4, plywood and heavy duty casters. Really easy to take off even heavy implements once they're on wheels, and they were really easy to build.

/ Questions on an older BX23 #14  
Alcap,
I have a BX22 that has been through the wars. Great machine (IMO), FEL (OEM) with a set of ripper teeth, BH (OEM) with BXpanded thumb, SB (OEM), 54"MMM (OEM), Backblade (Woods), `Chipper/shredder (MerryMac). Splitter (Homebrew), Cement Mixer (Homebrew). Get a Shop Manual, there's more detail in it and you'll be able to troubleshoot & repair issues easier.