questions on B2320

/ questions on B2320 #21  
So, it sounds like you would not worry that a 6' bucket and the extra 150 pounds would NOT be a problem for the B2620, JOHNTHOMAS. But azbinder is pretty sure it would be too big. We are on almost flat 5 acres. The dealer is a big Kubota dealer with a decent reputation around here. Has anyone else had this adjustment made on the B2620 or 2920?

I don't think I was saying anything about a 6' bucket but the B will handle the bucket. It just depends on what you put in the bucket that counts. If it's mulch then the B will handle a 6' bucket. If it's filled to the top with stone then I don't know. The FEL with have a limit of weight that it will lift. If all your lift capacity goes into the bucket, arms and attachment then that wouldn't be good.
If I was on level ground and money wasn't a consideration then I'd go for a Grand L or M depending on what I needed to lift. If money matters then I'd figure my jobs for 90% to 95% of usage and match the tractor to that and push, pull, drag, pay someone else, rent, beg a neighbor for the other 10% to 5% of the jobs my tractor wouldn't do.
I pay someone to do steep hillside leveling which I could do in time and very dangerous but I don't, I pay someone with a dozer or track loader to do it and feel good about it.
Figure your jobs/needs and match your tractor to them with help from your Kubota dealer.

/ questions on B2320 #22  
I have a B2320 with the Kubota B1658 QA to swap the 48" bucket on and off. I fabricated a Skid Steer QA to use several bobcat attachments we have. I've used the 72" bucket on the B2320 once to move some loose shavings. That's about all it will do. I would not suggest anything greater than the supplied 48" bucket for the B2X20's when earth moving.

/ questions on B2320 #23  
I have a B2320 with the Kubota B1658 QA to swap the 48" bucket on and off. I fabricated a Skid Steer QA to use several bobcat attachments we have. I've used the 72" bucket on the B2320 once to move some loose shavings. That's about all it will do. I would not suggest anything greater than the supplied 48" bucket for the B2X20's when earth moving.

B2320 comes with a 48" bucket; B2620 and B2920 come with a 50" bucket to cover the track of their wider rear tires. The latter also have a slightly beefier loader to compensate for the extra weight/wider bucket/etc.

/ questions on B2320
The cost of quick attach is the stumbling block for us on the B2620. Otherwise, we'd be buying one today. The way we see it is the quick attach is only worth it if you plan to get forks. The Kubota QA (B-1658) is only $300, but then you are limited to Kubota forks (quote to us as $1070). The universal quick attach by Aldomi is what they usually put on their Bs, and that is $650 w/o the forks and they say it requires a different bucket than what comes on the B2620. They did discover that they could get a smaller (than the 6') bucket to work (54"), but they don't have one and it would be additional cost, I think. The bottom line is that the B, fixed to take forks, starts to look like a foolish choice next to the L3200. We would be looking harder outside the Kubota line at this point, but except for a brand that requires expensive green paint, it is many hours to look at another brand compact tractor of the B size. I'm having heartburn over the cost of making the B-series work, and I'm wondering if we should forgo forks (not a good idea from what I read on the list, and we can think of many uses) and go with just a B2320 DT and really save some money.

/ questions on B2320 #25  
The cost of quick attach is the stumbling block for us on the B2620. Otherwise, we'd be buying one today. The way we see it is the quick attach is only worth it if you plan to get forks. The Kubota QA (B-1658) is only $300, but then you are limited to Kubota forks (quote to us as $1070). The universal quick attach by Aldomi is what they usually put on their Bs, and that is $650 w/o the forks and they say it requires a different bucket than what comes on the B2620. They did discover that they could get a smaller (than the 6') bucket to work (54"), but they don't have one and it would be additional cost, I think. The bottom line is that the B, fixed to take forks, starts to look like a foolish choice next to the L3200. We would be looking harder outside the Kubota line at this point, but except for a brand that requires expensive green paint, it is many hours to look at another brand compact tractor of the B size. I'm having heartburn over the cost of making the B-series work, and I'm wondering if we should forgo forks (not a good idea from what I read on the list, and we can think of many uses) and go with just a B2320 DT and really save some money.

The L3200 lifts a whole lot more than the B2x20 series, but of course it's physically larger (may not be a problem in your situation) and costs $4k more than the B2620 with a loader, bucket, QA, and forks. Kubota offers so many choices that it can be a bit dizzying, but then again you can almost always choose something that very closely meets your requirements for cost, size, power, and other capabilities- once you really prioritize them.

/ questions on B2320
Well, the price is a factor, and the fact that I actually prefer the size of a B2620 is making this choice difficult. I think we will rarely need the power of the L3200, and for the tight quarters of an orchard and large garden area, the B2620 seems better to me. Though for snow plowing the L3200 would be better. The difference in price on the B2620 with bucket and forks and QA and the L3200 with bucket, forks and QA is only $1840, after rebates, according to our dealer. So, the B2620 with forks and QA doesn't seem like a smart investment compared to the L3200.

/ questions on B2320 #27  
debp,

Tractor shopping can be a daunting task, especially if you are a newbie. It seems the more you research, the more you get confused. I was in your same situation 2 months ago. You have to look at it as an investment. Kubotas really hold their value well. So, don't worry too much about trying to find a tractor that will do everything you can possibly think of that may come down the road. Prioritize your main, immediate tasks you want it for, then go for it. You will not be disappointed with either the B2320, B2620 or L3200. These tractors are so well made, you will be surprised at what they can do and all of the attachments you can use on it. Are you set on buying new? Have you looked at used ones? I found a used B2630 with FEL, QA, and only 300 hrs on it for 13,500. I do recommend getting the HST and a QA for the FEL. You mentioned you want to get forks? Instead of QA forks, have you considered 3 point hitch forks such as these to save some money?:
King Kutter Pallet Mover
Tractor Hay Bale Forks 48" LHF001 Category 1, 3 Point Hitch Hookup

/ questions on B2320
Thanks for encouragement on tractor buying, kchampagne. We had not thought of the rear forks, and that is valuable info to consider. We've veered away from used, because we know so little at this point.

/ questions on B2320 #29  
debp,

Tractor shopping can be a daunting task, especially if you are a newbie. It seems the more you research, the more you get confused. I was in your same situation 2 months ago. You have to look at it as an investment. Kubotas really hold their value well. So, don't worry too much about trying to find a tractor that will do everything you can possibly think of that may come down the road. Prioritize your main, immediate tasks you want it for, then go for it. You will not be disappointed with either the B2320, B2620 or L3200. These tractors are so well made, you will be surprised at what they can do and all of the attachments you can use on it. Are you set on buying new? Have you looked at used ones? I found a used B2630 with FEL, QA, and only 300 hrs on it for 13,500. I do recommend getting the HST and a QA for the FEL. You mentioned you want to get forks? Instead of QA forks, have you considered 3 point hitch forks such as these to save some money?:
King Kutter Pallet Mover
Tractor Hay Bale Forks 48" LHF001 Category 1, 3 Point Hitch Hookup

In the big scheme of things, although you certainly save a few dollars with the 3pt mounted forks, they are simply not as convenient or versatile as loader mounted forks. They can't be used for overhead lifting objects, can't stack pallets, can't compensate for terrain (i.e. keeping a pallet level while traveling up or down slope), don't give extra reach, are not usable for carrying brush, etc... They certainly have their place, as many small tractors can carry more weight on the 3pt than the loader arms, but unless your primary objective is to carry heavy pallets, ground to ground, on level terrain, they may not be the right solution to the problem.

/ questions on B2320 #30  
Well, the price is a factor, and the fact that I actually prefer the size of a B2620 is making this choice difficult. I think we will rarely need the power of the L3200, and for the tight quarters of an orchard and large garden area, the B2620 seems better to me. Though for snow plowing the L3200 would be better. The difference in price on the B2620 with bucket and forks and QA and the L3200 with bucket, forks and QA is only $1840, after rebates, according to our dealer. So, the B2620 with forks and QA doesn't seem like a smart investment compared to the L3200.

You want a B2920 (waves Jedi hand)