questions on B2320

/ questions on B2320 #31  
Have you looked at the B3200. It is closer to the size of the bxx20's and has move lift with the fel that the smaller b. It is also smaller and lighter than the L series.
Is there a reason in your shopping that steered you away from the larger B?

/ questions on B2320 #32  
I'm late to the discussion but would also suggest a look at the B3200/3300.

I started looking at the smaller B's and quickly justified the extra cost to move up to a B3200 when trying them out at the dealer. 18 months and 170 hours in I couldn't be happier with the choice. I stayed away from the L series because I have narrow winding trails on my property and a bigger tractor would be a pain to maneuver. The B3200 is easy to turn around in the forest.

I don't mow with mine and have a rear snowblower so I can still use the FEL in winter. Therefore I could have chosen the B3300 and saved a little money, but figured the machine with the mid PTO would be an easier trade if I needed to reconsider.

I use mine for snow clearing, logging, firewood handling, ski trail maintenance and lots of other things. The 3200 has a higher capacity loader than the smaller Bs and I have the Kubota QA. Changing between bucket and forks is easy and some manufacturers will make attachments for this QA system. Horst Welding (HLA attachments) are one example and I have their forks.

Hope this helps

Craig

/ questions on B2320 #33  
Keep in mind also that the basic L package has no Mid-PTO option.

/ questions on B2320
Thanks for all this info. We are weighing all these things, including my reluctance to spend $20K+ (once we get the mower, bb, ditcher we need). We just noticed a used 2010 B3300SUHSD with only 147 hours at the same dealer. So have been reading about that. Because it has R4 tires and will need spacers for chains, it comes in just $1000 less than the new B2620. Neither would have QA, but 2620 would have mid-mount mower.
In weighing all the options, I have a few questions:
We don't have any plans for the mid-mount mower (no snowblower or finish mower planned), but is the lack of mmm going to make it difficult to sell the B3300 when the time comes? We realize the lack of QA is a significant factor.
How important is the HST in resale? It doesn't seem critical to us, but is it worth the $1000 to get it for future resale?
An Ansung loader (with equal lift capacity) is a common downgrade and $1000 savings at our local dealership. Any views on that option?

Any opinions on which of these would be best way to keep purchase price down without being penny-wise and pound foolish?
My husband thinks the L3200 is a better tractor for the price than the B3200 (or any other B) because of the weight and heftier build. I'm less confident of that.

debp

/ questions on B2320 #35  
Thanks for all this info. We are weighing all these things, including my reluctance to spend $20K+ (once we get the mower, bb, ditcher we need). We just noticed a used 2010 B3300SUHSD with only 147 hours at the same dealer. So have been reading about that. Because it has R4 tires and will need spacers for chains, it comes in just $1000 less than the new B2620. Neither would have QA, but 2620 would have mid-mount mower.
In weighing all the options, I have a few questions:
We don't have any plans for the mid-mount mower (no snowblower or finish mower planned), but is the lack of mmm going to make it difficult to sell the B3300 when the time comes? We realize the lack of QA is a significant factor.
How important is the HST in resale? It doesn't seem critical to us, but is it worth the $1000 to get it for future resale?
An Ansung loader (with equal lift capacity) is a common downgrade and $1000 savings at our local dealership. Any views on that option?

Any opinions on which of these would be best way to keep purchase price down without being penny-wise and pound foolish?
My husband thinks the L3200 is a better tractor for the price than the B3200 (or any other B) because of the weight and heftier build. I'm less confident of that.

debp

For resale I would think HST is a resale factor, say goodbye to all the potential buyers where HST is a must have leaving you fewer buyers. Others could better comment but from what I have seen shopping for a tractor these past several weeks HST seems a lot more popular. I personally would choose a tractor that had a Kubota loader vs an Ansung all things being equal.

So you have 5.4 acres and expect to use it for moving heavy snow, mowing tall grass with a brush hog and other "bigger" work. That doesn't sound like a 2320 to me. I just purchased a B2920 and chose it over the larger B3200 because I have to navigate around the house, trees, typical 1 acre yard environment and smaller is certainly a plus in that environment. The B2920's backhoe and loader are sufficient for my needs and I'll be using a mid mount mower. But if I also had to move heavy snow and hog 5 acreas of tall grass I'd go up to the B3200 if not larger.

/ questions on B2320
Okay. Thanks for that advice, deathtbb. One last question (maybe last (-:), is the jerking 3 pt. hitch just a problem on some economy Ls and Ms, but not the B. I understand the 1/4" valve, I think, but from what I selected to read, it looked like the hard jerking was only a problem on the Ls and Ms.

Deb

/ questions on B2320 #37  
Okay. Thanks for that advice, deathtbb. One last question (maybe last (-:), is the jerking 3 pt. hitch just a problem on some economy Ls and Ms, but not the B. I understand the 1/4" valve, I think, but from what I selected to read, it looked like the hard jerking was only a problem on the Ls and Ms.

Deb

I am not knowlegeable on the hard jerking issue other than what I have read here on the forum, apparently some are worse than others and Kubota made some changes over the years. Sounds like those with the issue are fairly annoyed with it, I read something last night where a guy was suggesting to have a heavy implement loaded and test it out before you buy.

/ questions on B2320 #38  
The quarter inching vs the position control with jerky upward motion for some may be a toss up. I dislike quarter inching and would pick any position control even the jerky ones on the Lxx00. To get position control in a B Series you have to go to the B3030/B3000 or their latest incarnation and the increase in cost is significant.

/ questions on B2320
Thanks. Great info. Back to the dealership we go.

/ questions on B2320 #40  
Hi debp,

Looks like you have had alot of good advice so far. I just stumbled across this on you tube and thought you might like to see the L3200/ 3800 in some tight spots, if you have not seem this video yet. L3800 - YouTube I down sized to a smaller place a little while back and had me looking at the B's. All said and done I ended up with the L3800. It is still quite a small tractor and has alot of bang for the buck. It is a basic no frills tractor, but that is what I like. Good luck with your shopping and decision.

Russ