Questions on MX machines

/ Questions on MX machines #41  
This kind of stuff I can regularly mow at 5-6 MPH with ease
View attachment 616293

And this is basically a yard that got mowed monthly. (13 acre yard). Just too heavy for a ZTR, But extremely light for a rotary cutter. IT was ~12" tall stuff, cutting down to ~5". This was WOT, pedal to the floor, M range. Couldnt ask for a better cut...
View attachment 616294

Both photos are light cover compared to what I regularly cut, and you are cutting much higher.

Explains a lot.

Get into some brome grass that is laying down sometime if you want to know what heavy cover is.

Unlike most, I tend to use my rough cut mowers as HD finish mowers, though I cut much less frequently as would be necessary with a finish mower.

SDT

/ Questions on MX machines #42  
Both photos are light cover compared to what I regularly cut, and you are cutting much higher.

Explains a lot.

Get into some brome grass that is laying down sometime if you want to know what heavy cover is.

Unlike most, I tend to use my rough cut mowers as HD finish mowers, though I cut much less frequently as would be necessary with a finish mower.

SDT

I cut all kinds of stuff. These are just some of the examples where you CAN go faster and still get good quality. Again.....as I said before....my regulars that I do 2-3 times a year.

Im not trying to deceive anyone or make them think you can mow EVERYTHING at 7mph. I get into plenty of stuff I slow down to what seems like a crawl....probably 3MPH. Like I said earlier.....Just this past weekend I was on a 20 acre lot of CRP ground that hasnt been touched in 8-10 years. Thats about as bad as it gets.

Some light regulars, CRP ground, and everything in between. Mowing ~500+ acres a year, I have mowed about anything and every condition imaginable for the midwest

/ Questions on MX machines #43  
I expect you will find that just about all new tractors have a computer for some purposes, certainly all common rail injected engines and any Tier whatever engines must have an ECU.

It's not the turbo, it's the federales.

SDT
All modern diesels above 25hp. Above 25hp the tier 4 emissions stuff kicks in. There is a reason for the L2501 & similar machines of other colors with 24.9hp. A bit underpowered in many cases (but still very usable, especially with HST), but get by with an old mechanical injection pump, no computer or emissions gear.

/ Questions on MX machines #44  
I have a mx5200 with a 6' landpride med duty cutter and it's easily capable of running down very dense 7' tall 2" pine saplings. When simply going over 6' vegetation, it doesn't even blink.

/ Questions on MX machines #45  
FWIW, the MX series is being redesigned and the new models will likely be previewed at the September dealer's meeting. Know nothing about changes, etc.
SDT

I'm guessing the redesign will be for a cab option. Kubota needs an economy cab line. And as much as I like my L3560HSTC-LE, it doesn't have the HP for the kind of fieldwork some people need a cabbed machine for, like running a larger cutter.

/ Questions on MX machines #46  
"the M is a real tractor and the MX is a light consumer offering" that's a novel idea

I'd tend to agree that the MX is a lighter, more consumer oriented tractor compared to the M series. Even they guy from Messicks says that in one of their video's. M Series tractors are much more heavy duty and gear for ag use and not suburban 'farming'....lol