Quick attach loader-who does it??

/ Quick attach loader-who does it?? #11  
sunnyside360 said:
I have two tractors with loaders. I take them off for the summer for mowing/haying fields and mowing 6 acres of lawn about every 5-7 days. Loaders are very easy to install and uninstall if/when needed especially the 3x20 and 4x20 series as compared to some others I've had.

I agree, I never mow with a loader. They are too awkward, too heavy and put too much load and wear on the front axles and bearings and instability on the tractor, not to mention hurting fuel economy and at $5 per gal it's a consideration. It's like driving your pickup around with a 500-1000 lb load in the bed.

They are too easy to R&R even on the older tractors (10-15 minutes max). Every now and then you run into a balky hydraulic fitting but that can be solved by carefully releasing pressure.

/ Quick attach loader-who does it?? #13  
I remove / reattach often the 200CX on my 2305. It's just a whole lot easier cutting 3 acres, 32 acres and 44 acres of grass -- and like the others have said it's so easy to put on and off. The FEL is often in the way when cutting ....

Joe :rolleyes:

/ Quick attach loader-who does it?? #14  
John, would you measure the height of your 3320 with the rops folded for me? I'm in the process of building a shed and I want to make sure I can drive a 3320 in with the rops folded down. Thx! Craig

/ Quick attach loader-who does it?? #15  
I've never had the loader off for any reason. I sometimes take the bucket off when mowing, but with the RC on there, I prefer the extra weight lest it might get squirrelly when hitting bumps, etc.

I think I'd prefer a solid mounted loader vs a quick detatch one for a little extra strength that would likely be there.

/ Quick attach loader-who does it??
gunmaker said:
John, would you measure the height of your 3320 with the rops folded for me? I'm in the process of building a shed and I want to make sure I can drive a 3320 in with the rops folded down. Thx! Craig

Craig

93" up
70" down

John

/ Quick attach loader-who does it?? #17  
Thanks! 73's

/ Quick attach loader-who does it?? #18  
I take my loader off when making tractor modifications that require getting into tight spaces, and I remove it for major service (200 hour intervals) to make getting at things easier. Otherwise it stays on all the time.

/ Quick attach loader-who does it?? #19  
I have never removed the loader frame from my 4120, which I use mostly on a 6 foot brush hog. I do remove the bucket for big mowing jobs which eliminates all the "bounce", and provides almost as good of visibility as removing the whole frame, but leaves the tractor balasted better for the heavy rear mower. In the spring, when the fields still have some wet spots, I use the tractor for some plowing and disking. One time this spring, I got stuck disking in a real deep mud hole that I underestimated. Getting out was real easy, thanks to the 400X loader and bucket up front. I just raised the disk and pushed myself out of the mud hole with the loader and was back disking in just over one minute. I dont use the loader a whole lot, but the "get out of the mud free" option it provides is certainly a feature I really appreciate on my mucky bottomland farm. I can think of no reason why I would ever want to remove the whole loader frame, but I do really like the quick attach bucket. Unlike removing the frame, you dont have to be so carefull about being on level ground when you just drop the bucket, nor do you need to be concerned with getting dirt into the hydraulic system.

/ Quick attach loader-who does it?? #20  
take mine off if I won't be using it, just makes it more nimble...