Quick attach loader-who does it??

/ Quick attach loader-who does it?? #21  
I take mine off when brush mowing, better visability, and manuverablitiy. John Deere 2030 with 245 loader.

/ Quick attach loader-who does it?? #22  
gunmaker said:
John, would you measure the height of your 3320 with the rops folded for me? I'm in the process of building a shed and I want to make sure I can drive a 3320 in with the rops folded down. Thx! Craig
Measure with the ROPS up. If you are like me, you will build it for the ROPS down and try to park her with the ROPS up. Spend an extra buck to make the door big enough for the UPROPS, sooner or later you will be GLAD you did.

/ Quick attach loader-who does it?? #23  
I have a plywood roof on my 4300. It gives a spot to mount the radio, lights, speakers etc and is supported at the front by two uprights from the loader frame. Been off twice since I bought the tractor, once to go to the dealers(for ROPS recall) and once to clean manure out of a low barn (neighbours). The bucket gets switched for forks, rock bucket, log lifter on a constant basis however....

/ Quick attach loader-who does it?? #24  
I have never taken any of my loaders off. I have considered it, but I use them too often for something. So, I just leave them on and sometimes run with out a bucket, spear, etc.

D.

/ Quick attach loader-who does it?? #25  
My 200CX loader spends the majority of the summer in the back of the shop parked while the 2320 is on mower duty. It'll go on for the occasional cleanup job or landscaping task, but that's about the extent during the summer. For mowing, it just makes things so much easier to not have the loader on. The few times I have mowed with it on, even with the bucket left off, seems like I spend more time raising it to clear a fence, lowering for visibility, raising it to clear something else...

Come winter, the loader's on full-time for snow patrol along with my rear-mount snowblower. I like the rear mount blower for that reason, I can leave the loader on to dig out the crusted, iced over drifts the blower can't chew up, like right along the highway after the plows came through mid-afternoon and left a wall in front of my driveway. Plus, the price of the used rear-mount was hard to beat...

/ Quick attach loader-who does it?? #26  
Mowing's just so much easier without the loader. You can get into tighter places with less chance of damaging something. With the 200CX, removing and reinstalling takes just a couple of minutes, so there is really no good reason not to drop it when it's not needed.

/ Quick attach loader-who does it?? #27  
I take the loader off the 2320 for mowing. The 5203 loader will never come off since its not a quick park although I take the bucket off on occasion. If i had one of the new 03's in 4WD with the 522 instead of the 512 loader, I can see that I would remove the loader.

/ Quick attach loader-who does it??
unreconstructed said:
I take the loader off the 2320 for mowing. The 5203 loader will never come off since its not a quick park although I take the bucket off on occasion. If i had one of the new 03's in 4WD with the 522 instead of the 512 loader, I can see that I would remove the loader.

Actually the 512 loaders are not hard to take off. It only takes me a few minutes. It requires a little more time to put back on. The 300cx is a breeze on and off.

John

/ Quick attach loader-who does it?? #29  
My last 2 larger compacts have had quick release loaders.... and I have never taken them off. Bucket only !

/ Quick attach loader-who does it?? #30  
The loaders can come off?? Only kidding. I would have to read the manual or experiment to take off the loader on my JD 3720 or JD 5300. Took the 5300 FEL off once when I got it, just to see how it worked. I do take the buckets off when needed. On the ag tractors, the FEL comes off because of no need for extra wt in the fields.