Quick hitch and extendable links?

/ Quick hitch and extendable links? #1  

RollTideRam

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti DK 4710 Cab
I am almost sure of what my next tractor will be. I will be getting new implements as well. Would it be wise to get extendable links and a quick hitch or save some money and get regular links?

On my 3320 I used Pats because I had mix matched equipment. I really like Pats with a hydraulic top link, but with a cab tractor I think a quick hitch would be better.

/ Quick hitch and extendable links? #2  
So will you have equipment this time that fits the tractor your getting ?

Personally I am a big fan of quick hitches. Swapping out attachments several times a day is not a issue with quick hitches. Keep in mind that attachments that are a bit out of measurement can often be modified pretty easily so their all the same. Well worth it if your keeping them a long time and use them pretty often.

/ Quick hitch and extendable links? #3  
Love my QH... Wish industry was a little more proactive in adopting the standard.... My solution is if it does not fit the the QH, modify it till it does...

Dale

/ Quick hitch and extendable links? #4  
With extendable links and telescoping stabilizers I don't feel a need for a quick hitch. Top and tilt make hooking up even easier.

Many implements don't work with a quick hitch. Do a search. The QH also extends the implement about 4". That means a bit less manuverability and less clearance under the implement when you go down a ramp. Not a concern for most but it is for me as my barn has a ramp at the door that my chipper barely clears with the top cylinder retracted.

/ Quick hitch and extendable links? #5  
I used Pat's and kept the turnbuckle adjustments for the links - I'm cheap. I do appreciate the width flexibility and lack of need to modify implements. I did need a longer top link and I had to build one new driveshaft but overall I'll stick with Pat's.

/ Quick hitch and extendable links? #6  
I'm in the QH camp. With TnT I often dont have to get off the machine to hitch or unhitch. The QH also supports the heavier top cylinder so it's never flopping around. I have had to modify several, mostly older, impliments to make the top hook fit correctly.

/ Quick hitch and extendable links? #7  
Quick Hitch with hydraulic top link is the quickest and easiest way to hook up an implement.

/ Quick hitch and extendable links?
I guess I will reword my question. I am getting a quick hitch, is it worth to order the extendable links if you are using a quick hitch?

/ Quick hitch and extendable links? #9  
When I had a tractor with extendable links I saw no reason to buy a QH.. I did not change implements several times a day though and I don't think many people here do.. With extendable links I had no problems hooking things up, it was the driveshafts that were the PITA..

/ Quick hitch and extendable links? #10  
I guess I will reword my question. I am getting a quick hitch, is it worth to order the extendable links if you are using a quick hitch?
No.

I've hitched hundreds of times & used the extendable links on my L4060 once... when wrestling the QH on. Was kind of convenient that one time, but otherwise useless. I wish I had them a couple times on my L3200. Then I got a QH a week or 2 later & TnT within 8 months to a year.

If you setup your impliments right or get them right you never need to ever take the QH off. If you do need to take it on & off much at all your better off with extendable links or Pat's. I'm guessing a 3pt or subframe backhoe might put you in that boat.

Getting a long top hook or welding a 1.5" extension on the back of the stock QH top hook makes marginal impliments hitch up easy.