Quick hitch and extendable links?

/ Quick hitch and extendable links? #11  
How much is the option? I have both but the tractor came standard with the extendable links. Obviously there not used with my quick hitch, but if I ever removed it for some reason I like having them just in case.

/ Quick hitch and extendable links?
I did not get a line item estimate, I wish I had. I may end up getting them just to be on the safe side. He just figured the tractor with all the options I wanted and the only price I asked about was the radio and it was $300. Just thinking about some of the options I could do without to help pay for a top and tilt.

/ Quick hitch and extendable links? #13  
What I like about the QH is that once you get it put on and the 2 turnbuckles tightened up the QH is pretty solid and does not shift a lot side to side, I also got all three of my implements adjusted to fit with the lower pin bushings but I needed to use a extension on top instead of the hook for my 2 Walco implements so I left the hook off.
7F2E1FAD-3E0D-4828-A6AB-868AD4F206EA.jpg
I tried to just use the lower arms without a QH but I had to redo the turnbuckles when I switch implements being one was wider then the other and it took time to tighten them up so the implement did not move side to side to much, with the QH i do not have to worry about this because the lower pin bushings made up the difference.
This is the one I had to modify because the lower pins were to close together, works fine with the QH now.
3F0C42D9-B9DD-49F6-AF2C-7775CFDAEF37.jpg

Jim.

/ Quick hitch and extendable links? #14  
I’d get the extendable arms and forgo the radio, but that’s just me. I’d install a nice aftermarket radio myself.

/ Quick hitch and extendable links? #15  
You do not need both, but if you have an implement that you can not use with the QH, adjustable lower links are well worth having.

/ Quick hitch and extendable links? #16  
The PHD (Post Hole Digger) is one implement you will not be able to use with your Quick Hitch. You will need to remove it, so then the extendable lower links might be pretty handy. Post Hole Diggers are reputably a PITA to hook up anyway, unless parked just so to make re-hitching easy. Even then some complain about them. If you don't have or don't contemplate getting one, then the Extendable lower links or even the telescoping stabilizers don't have much purpose. I use them all the time, but then I don't have a quick hitch and nothing I have is QH compatible anyway. I also don't have TNT, though I have contemplated getting that several times. But I guess if I have lived without it this long..:) Fixed lower links and turnbuckles are in themselves a big PITA but that all goes away with the QH.

/ Quick hitch and extendable links? #17  
The PHD (Post Hole Digger) is one implement you will not be able to use with your Quick Hitch. You will need to remove it, so then the extendable lower links might be pretty handy. Post Hole Diggers are reputably a PITA to hook up anyway, unless parked just so to make re-hitching easy. Even then some complain about them. If you don't have or don't contemplate getting one, then the Extendable lower links or even the telescoping stabilizers don't have much purpose. I use them all the time, but then I don't have a quick hitch and nothing I have is QH compatible anyway. I also don't have TNT, though I have contemplated getting that several times. But I guess if I have lived without it this long..:) Fixed lower links and turnbuckles are in themselves a big PITA but that all goes away with the QH.
I rebuilt my 3pt PHD to work on a QH. You need a hydraulic toplink for that though. I liked mine, but sold it with the old tractor. Replaced it with a hydraulic SSQA PHD on the new machine.

The cabbed machines are wired for a radio & have speakers & antenna no matter what. It's just a $9-30 adapter to plug any single DIN car stereo in.IMG_20150328_151307.jpgIMG_20150328_151018.jpg

/ Quick hitch and extendable links? #18  
Top and tilt on the 3 point is a great thing to have. Makes hooking up attachments much easier. Makes using them easier also usually. With the quick hitch your now getting into a really nice setup. Hard to do any better. Save the money on the extendable links.

/ Quick hitch and extendable links? #19  
I guess I will reword my question. I am getting a quick hitch, is it worth to order the extendable links if you are using a quick hitch?

I would get the telescoping end links on the tractor. I love my quick hitch but a couple of my attachments won't work with a quick hitch, for different reasons. My farm winch the lower pins are under the winch, so the top hook and bottom hook won't line up, I have a hydraulic pump and tank for my snowblower and the hydraulic hoses are too short with quick hitch and installing a 80 LB hydraulic pump on the rear PTO with the quick hitch right there is very difficult and last my rotor tiller needs a longer PTO to reach w/ quick hitch. Thats an easy fix but I don't use it often enough to justify a new PTO shaft. Sooo I really appreciate the extendable links when I do have to hook up the old fashioned way.