Quick Hitches quick hitch problems

/ quick hitch problems #21  
Great thread. I purchased a Woods QH (rebranded speeco) to use on my Woods implements that I just purchased. I could tell just by looking at it things needed to be changed but my dealer had no clue. I called Woods and they gave me part numbers for bushing kits for the different implements. For the Bushbull BB72X it's 1027549, Grading Scraper GS72C it's 1003832 and for the snow blower they said they would have to get back to me. So far they haven't. And oh by the way, they are out of stock on the kits. I think I can get the bushings made locally if I can find out the correct size.

/ quick hitch problems #22  
Here is some stuff I found on 3ph dimensions and I-match. I got cat 1 to cat bushings then cat 2 to cat 3 bushing with a pin hole in them for my adapters.

iMatchdimensions.jpg

3PointHitchStandardDimensions.jpg

I have a John Deere Cat II QH and a Harbor Freight Cat II QH. The HF QH appears to have the correct spacing between lower arms (A), but is a little more than 24" on vertical height (B) when pinned in the lowest spot. I also have the same problem with the HF QH top hook not fit into the slot where the top link pin is. I am thinking about cutting where the pin holes for adjustment are off, welding a spacer if needed, and weld the top hook in place (especially since it not correct distance anyway).

/ quick hitch problems
Great thread. I purchased a Woods QH (rebranded speeco) to use on my Woods implements that I just purchased. I could tell just by looking at it things needed to be changed but my dealer had no clue. I called Woods and they gave me part numbers for bushing kits for the different implements. For the Bushbull BB72X it's 1027549, Grading Scraper GS72C it's 1003832 and for the snow blower they said they would have to get back to me. So far they haven't. And oh by the way, they are out of stock on the kits. I think I can get the bushings made locally if I can find out the correct size.
Check around on bushings you probably can find them cheaper than what woods will want for them. NorTrac Quick-Hitch Bushing Set — Fits Category 1 Hitches | 3-Point Hitch Adapters| Northern Tool + Equipment TSC has a pretty good assortment of bushings.

I have a John Deere Cat II QH and a Harbor Freight Cat II QH. The HF QH appears to have the correct spacing between lower arms (A), but is a little more than 24" on vertical height (B) when pinned in the lowest spot. I also have the same problem with the HF QH top hook not fit into the slot where the top link pin is. I am thinking about cutting where the pin holes for adjustment are off, welding a spacer if needed, and weld the top hook in place (especially since it not correct distance anyway).
If you do what I did you can drill you holes anywhere to get a 24" spacing.

/ quick hitch problems #24  
I believe the correct vertical dimension for Cat 1 QH is 15 inches nominal. 24 inches is quite far out of range, unless I'm misunderstanding something..

/ quick hitch problems #25  
I believe the correct vertical dimension for Cat 1 QH is 15 inches nominal. 24 inches is quite far out of range, unless I'm misunderstanding something..

24 inch is the standard Cat II vertical dimension and 18 inches is the standard Cat I dimension when NOT using a quick hitch. This will be the dimensions of the quick hitch on the tractor side. The QH implement side is standardized as a 15 inch vertical dimension regardless of the Category. When using a QH, the whole idea is being able to standardize the implements.

/ quick hitch problems #26  
24 inch is the standard Cat II vertical dimension and 18 inches is the standard Cat I dimension when NOT using a quick hitch. This will be the dimensions of the quick hitch on the tractor side. The QH implement side is standardized as a 15 inch vertical dimension regardless of the Category. When using a QH, the whole idea is being able to standardize the implements.

Sorry... I thought we were talking about the implement side. I'll go back to sleep now..

/ quick hitch problems #27  
Check around on bushings you probably can find them cheaper than what woods will want for them. NorTrac Quick-Hitch Bushing Set — Fits Category 1 Hitches | 3-Point Hitch Adapters| Northern Tool + Equipment TSC has a pretty good assortment of bushings.

Well my dealer called me with the price and for one kit it was $106 and the other $122! I went to TSC and picked up a set for the land plane for $18 and went to another dealer and they set me up for $22 for the snow blower and Rotary mower. $40 bucks and good to go as opposed to $228 from Woods. Like their implements but those prices are wack-a-ho. (I never did find out how much they wanted for the snow blower bushings)

Last edited:
   / quick hitch problems
Well my dealer called me with the price and for one kit it was $106 and the other $122! I went to TSC and picked up a set for the land plane for $18 and went to another dealer and they set me up for $22 for the snow blower and Rotary mower. $40 bucks and good to go as opposed to $228 from Woods. Like their implements but those prices are wack-a-ho. (I never did find out how much they wanted for the snow blower bushings)

That's some crazy prices. I can't believe you got them at tsc for $18. My tsc wants $32 for a set of qh adapters. I got 2 cat 1 to cat2 and cat2 to cat 3 bushings but have almost as much in them as what I can buy the right adapters online for so I guess I'll take them back and bow down and buy the regular qh adapters. I guess I need to do some more digging around for them and see what I can come up with.

/ quick hitch problems #29  
I have those $34 bushing for implements that have the outward facing 3 pt hitch pin. These bushings are used on things that have an enclosed pin, rotary mower, snow blower, land plane etc. Here's a link to the bushings for cheap.

For the rotary mower it took three bushings per side, two of the TP2008 inside of one TP3013 and it makes it the correct size for the quick hitch.

Lift Arm Bushings

/ quick hitch problems
I have those $34 bushing for implements that have the outward facing 3 pt hitch pin. These bushings are used on things that have an enclosed pin, rotary mower, snow blower, land plane etc. Here's a link to the bushings for cheap.

For the rotary mower it took three bushings per side, two of the TP2008 inside of one TP3013 and it makes it the correct size for the quick hitch.

Lift Arm Bushings

That is a very good point. I need those expensive bushings because I use the qh on the bx and I don't have any implement with a clevis hookup for it yet.