Quick Hitch Questions

/ Quick Hitch Questions #1  

jezreel

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota - MX5400 DTC
Hey Folks. . .

I’ve got an Orange MX 5400, and was looking for a Quick Hitch.

I was looking at the SpeeCo Category 1 E-Hitch S14116000. This model has proprietary Cat-1 hook ups, so you don’t need bushings for every implement. The description reads that it is for a maximum 50hp tractor. The HP for the MX is 55ish HP. Am I OK getting this QH?

Im not set on this hitch, but EA has it for a very reasonable price, and not having to buy bushings is nice. I just did not to pay an arm and a leg for it. Land Pride is around $650. Yikes.

I’m only a year in to tractor ownership, so I’m still learning. Any suggestions would be helpful.

/ Quick Hitch Questions #3  
Your MX 5400 has 46.5 PTO HP...
I think the Quick Hitch (Category 1) will work fine, IF you have category 1 implements

/ Quick Hitch Questions #4  
I have a Land Pride QH15 on both my tractors. I had to use bushings to get the Cat 1 hitch tied to my Cat 2 WM75, no big deal. I have bushings on all implements to get a tight fit in the QH, so there is not any play. Bushings are cheap at TSC, it is a one-time purchase, they stay on the implement. Depending on the implement I also have to adjust the top hook. Easier to do that than try to adapt every implement to the same configuration.

/ Quick Hitch Questions
Is your tractor CAT I or CAT II?
Well, when I hook up my bush hog, box blade and disc harrow, I have to put the little sleeves in the 3pt holes. If that is what your meaning. Again, I’m still learning.

/ Quick Hitch Questions
As far as the Land Pride QH goes, it’s just twice as much as the Speeco, and the Speeco seems to be good quality. Who knows, I might end up with a LP, but I’m weighing my options with thoughts from y’all on the forum.

/ Quick Hitch Questions #7  
Sounds like you have a CAT II hitch on your tractor and you are attaching CAT I implements. So the hitch you asked about will be fine for CAT I implements but it won't attach to CAT II stuff. If it was a QH with bushings it could be used on both of them from a pin standpoint. However, a CAT II QH is not going to be anywhere close to the same measurements as a CAT I.

/ Quick Hitch Questions #8  
I have to put bushings on the implement pins here to get a tight fit in the QH hooks.

1648486301838.png

/ Quick Hitch Questions #9  
I had to put long bushings here to get the CAT 1 QH15 to mate up with the CAT 2 3PT on the WM75. It still has some play in it that I need to work on. All of my implements are CAT 1 and work fine on the WM75.

1648486633024.png

/ Quick Hitch Questions #10  
I have the eSpeeco Cat1 QH. I really like the convenience of being able to immediately hook up to Cat1 implements. I added a hydraulic top link last fall and that really upped the ease of use.

‘Watch this for fitment on your tractor