Quick Hitch Questions

/ Quick Hitch Questions #21  
Just make sure all your implements are QH compatable.

Alot of older stuff is not without modification

/ Quick Hitch Questions #22  
I like the Speerco (since it doesn't require bushings), but since my implements already have bushings, can't see replacing the off-brand QH I have...
Too bad I didn't know about Speerco 3-4 years ago

/ Quick Hitch Questions
Just make sure all your implements are QH compatable.

Alot of older stuff is not without modification
Yep. Should be. My Disc Harrow, Box Blade and Bush Hog are all land Pride.

/ Quick Hitch Questions #24  
Yep. Should be. My Disc Harrow, Box Blade and Bush Hog are all land Pride.
Assuming the implement and QH are the same Cat, I have found the normal fitment-to-QH issues are:

1) implement: top connection is not designed to allow the top QH hook to come in underneath. I then modify my implement.

2) implement: vertical distance from bottom 2 pins and the top pin do not match the distance on the QH. I have been known to modify my implement.

Sorry for being late to this topic, but to answer some of your earlier questions:

A) for QH analysis, I have found the best comparison between them is shipping weight. Heavier = more steel = stronger. Strength becomes important to keep the "vertical arms" of the QH parallel, or the design around the lower hooks straight. I once bent mine on a lighter weight QH. I had a Speeco from TSC that worked well for me.

B) the HP requirements stated for a QH have to do with the ability of the tractor to impose too much force on the QH. I found this out with a rotary shredder, mowing backwards in challenging brush - the shredder tail caused enough side forces to damage the QH. Therefore the HP is not the true cause, but the tractor weight is. Manufacturers use HP as a convenient measurement.

/ Quick Hitch Questions #25  
I think i would have went with the Pats quick hitch, It will fit ant thing.