Quick Reply - Give it a try

/ Quick Reply - Give it a try #21  
I prefer Advanced as default with Quick as option. I guess im just backwards to the majority:confused3:

/ Quick Reply - Give it a try #22  
I prefer Advanced as default with Quick as option. I guess im just backwards to the majority:confused3:

I agree. Better yet just have Advanced and eliminate Quick (it's redundant).

/ Quick Reply - Give it a try #23  

I agree. Better yet just have Advanced and eliminate Quick (it's redundant).

I do as well also. Unfortunatly vBulliten does not make it a user preference but rather a global setting for everyone. Just like the picture viewing, it's not user adjustable.

/ Quick Reply - Give it a try #24  
I prefer advance as default also, but that is all I have used for tor last 4 years. So I guess it is just what I am used to. But I think the quick reply is more functional in this version of TBN right?? I dont know why I never used it before, so I dont know what the old QR was like??

/ Quick Reply - Give it a try #25  
My only issue with Advanced is probably due to my slow internet via sattelite because I live in the boonies. Regardless the ONLY issue with advanced is I have to wait for the screen to load up all the fancy buttons. And typically I click the button and start typing. Now I click and wait.

Quick Reply I have a couple issues.

I'm on IE 9 on a laptop with 1280 x 800 and it ALWAYS pops up only 1/2 of the QR area. I MUST scroll down to see the buttons. Also sometimes I cannot see where the cursor is, so I go clicking away at it trying to find where typing will appear.

Twice, maybe three times this morning I got "are you sure you want to leave this page" from MSFT.

Honestly, I'd be thrilled with just one option, advanced. BUt I can't fault the QR much.

David

/ Quick Reply - Give it a try #26  
My only issue with Advanced is probably due to my slow internet via sattelite because I live in the boonies....

David

I'm with David on the Sat. service, but I guess that falls under the "not your problem" arena. I do appreciate you pointing out the advanced button as some of our brethren " Comma Mommas" do kinda jump all over spelling/grammer usage at times and it's nice to take a second look at what you post before posting it.

I do thank you guys for the time, effort, and response to fixing issues with your new look roll-out. Your team should get the "Member of the Quarter" nomination :thumbsup:

/ Quick Reply - Give it a try #27  
FireFox and Add-Block

I'm using Chrome with Ad Block. I don't agree with you. The website is a product and should be constantly improved to meet the customers needs. No, I don't think they should have to support antiquated technology like IE6, but they should accommodate all current versions of browsers. I've run into many IT departments that had this attitude of "you adapt to our limitations", and it is the wrong stance to take if you are servicing customers. I'd like to see the stats on how many hits that ad takes. I'd bet it's pretty low. At the very least, move its location so it does not obscure a major navigation tool for the site.

PH

/ Quick Reply - Give it a try #28  
I'm using Chrome with Ad Block. I don't agree with you. The website is a product and should be constantly improved to meet the customers needs. No, I don't think they should have to support antiquated technology like IE6, but they should accommodate all current versions of browsers. I've run into many IT departments that had this attitude of "you adapt to our limitations", and it is the wrong stance to take if you are servicing customers. I'd like to see the stats on how many hits that ad takes. I'd bet it's pretty low. At the very least, move its location so it does not obscure a major navigation tool for the site.

PH

Our IT is outsourced to a large and well known technology company, and I wish I had tape of my first meeting with them...it would be so hilarious. Their leader said literally: "We are the Borg. You WILL be assimilated." (And he laughed.) I didn't laugh...

/ Quick Reply - Give it a try #29  
I DO NOT, repeat DO NOT like the quick reply feature for the same reason David notes...we too have very slow internet service...since the change it seems to take even longer to post anything at all. And I keep getting pop ups that say "Do you want to stay on this page" although I am doing nothing at all while waiting for my post to show up.

DISLIKE !!!!

/ Quick Reply - Give it a try #30  
Hey Bill, do you really think it is slowing things down that much ?

I'm telling you, I have a slow internet connection too and loading up the "Advanced Reply" page every time I want to make a reply takes too long to make it economically worthwhile to do so.

I need Quick Reply to stay!