Quickfencer video, website and all sorts of ideas on fencing

/ Quickfencer video, website and all sorts of ideas on fencing #11  
I don't think a fence unroller is anything special. What would be revolutionary is a machine that tensions the wire to a constant tension as it unrolls it. If you roll out a run and then tension it from the end, if there's anything to hang up on it's hard to get the tension even. You tend to end up with more tension closer to the tensioning spot. If you tensioned it as you went it would be even.

If I'm going to dream, some other ideas:
A machine that plants a t-post with a hydraulic press every ten feet. Like a planter.

A machine that can tie fencing to a t-post.

A machine that can follow a guide wire either laid on the ground or strung from post to post.

A machine that puts it all together: follow a guide wire, roll out tensioned wire, plant a t-post every ten feet, and tie the fence to it, all in one step.

A machine with an alarm when your spool is about to run out.

Woven wire fence with a better way of splicing. With chain link you can weave two pieces together, it would be great to have a woven wire fence that could be easily joined. Maybe something like this:
Wire Panel Connector Hinge - Premier1Supplies

/ Quickfencer video, website and all sorts of ideas on fencing #12  
I'm in just the opposite position. My property is infested with old fencing, mostly barbed wire. Of course, much of it has settled down low enough to snag the feet of unwary walkers. This mess is really hard to gather/remove. In many situations, hand removal is the only option (eg, where the wire has become embedded in trees/brush or where it is too rusty to roll reliably). However, along the edge of an open field you'd think there would be a quicker way to wind up the old wire and get rid of it than laboriously coiling it up by hand...

Bob

/ Quickfencer video, website and all sorts of ideas on fencing #13  
I'm in just the opposite position. My property is infested with old fencing, mostly barbed wire. Of course, much of it has settled down low enough to snag the feet of unwary walkers. This mess is really hard to gather/remove. In many situations, hand removal is the only option (eg, where the wire has become embedded in trees/brush or where it is too rusty to roll reliably). However, along the edge of an open field you'd think there would be a quicker way to wind up the old wire and get rid of it than laboriously coiling it up by hand...

Bob
Wire Winder Hydraulic Buy Direct from Manufacturer PTO Spooler Roller Pro Tatch Cable Winders Winch Best Tractor Fence Barbed Smooth

/ Quickfencer video, website and all sorts of ideas on fencing #15  
Neat idea! Though you may want to run a strand of electric wire inside to keep goats from sticking their heads through the woven wire to get at whats on the other side. They can really stretch out a nice fence in a short time.