radiator flush

/ radiator flush #11  
Harvest Moon is correct. Example, the book on my Bx24 is what he stated. There is no need to use diesel coolants, FW16 (wet sleeves etc)...

Most make this out way more complex then needed.

In my powerchoke I need it but a kubota is not the same.

/ radiator flush #12  
hi everyone i have a bx2230 4 years old i need to flush the radiator . after i flush can i put in reg anti freeze (50/50 mix) or do i have to use kubota anti freeze
thanks for any input retired 2007

It may depend on whether your engine has wet or dry liners. There's pretty much a consensus that wet liners are subject to cavitation corrosion, but there's some debate as to whether this is true for the dry liners. Cavitation is diesel engine phenomenon and doesn't apply to gasoline engines.
I change my coolant every two years, so I play it safe and pay a little more for the manufacturers coolant that is specifically formulated to guard against this issue. To me, the few dollars extra is $ well spent.
Dissolved solids in the water also contribute to cavitation, as well as being generally bad for the entire cooling system, so if you use the full strength coolant, consider mixing it with distilled water.
Years ago General Motors put out a film to stress how important sealing was on diesel engines. It was a high speed film of the cylinder head/block sealing surface and as the engine was running you could see the head deflect each time a cylinder fired. Reminded me of rapidly bending a saw blade. The entire head would ripple down its length as all the cylinders fired.

Below is a link to a site descibing cavitation...

Cavitation, scas and the proper maintenance of diesel engine cooling systems

/ radiator flush #13  
My manual, under coolant specifications say "Fresh clean water with Anti-freeze", that is should be ethylene glycol based, long life and not much else, except for an obscure note about making sure it's mixing ratio must be less than 50%. [/url]

That is exactly what my manual states...

Deano

/ radiator flush #14  
jeez, I just got to say just use the specified Kubota antifreeze. What's a few extra bucks every two years on a 12 to 15 k machine or whatever it cost? Holy cow.

/ radiator flush #15  
jeez, I just got to say just use the specified Kubota antifreeze. What's a few extra bucks every two years on a 12 to 15 k machine or whatever it cost? Holy cow.

Easy throw in the "oem filter, hyd fluid etc"...adds up here and not needed. Seems most are on the fear factor on not buying OEM..sad. Does kubota sell OEM air for the tires?

/ radiator flush #16  
The reason I stay with most recommended fluid is that if anything ever goes wrong I have found even out of warranty some manufacturers will cut you some slack and perhaps extend a warranty even when it is out of warranty.
But when you try and save a buck all bets are off.

Also if there is a recall you are also covered using correct fluids etc, where if you don't that may affect a recall.

For me, saving a few buck going off the reservation is never worth it.

/ radiator flush #17  
The reason I stay with most recommended fluid is that if anything ever goes wrong I have found even out of warranty some manufacturers will cut you some slack and perhaps extend a warranty even when it is out of warranty.
But when you try and save a buck all bets are off.

Also if there is a recall you are also covered using correct fluids etc, where if you don't that may affect a recall.

For me, saving a few buck going off the reservation is never worth it.

OKay, what is going to go wrong with a tractor? The "what ifs" "perhaps" is old news here...what if the world ended????

I will take the opp side and say I will save the "more then a few bucks" and use my money as I want".

I have seen car people go nuts with fluids they changed on a 40K car...hense, I do not put much faith in anyone.

/ radiator flush #18  
I'd rather spend a few more bucks on the specified fluids, protect the warranty, give my money to Kubota which makes a good product rather than Wally World. I'm just a dumb blue collar worker but I can afford a few more bucks for antifreeze every two years cause I'm no diesel expert and you can't believe all the BS you read on the internet. But that's just me and that's a whole 'nother can of worms.

I'm so stupid I'd rather give my money to my local hardware store guy than Wally World.

If I was really smart I would not have bought a tractor and just have my retired neighbor come over with his and probably do the work for free. I could have saved 17k or so and counting.

/ radiator flush #20  
Does kubota sell OEM air for the tires?

sidelaugh.gif