radiator flush

/ radiator flush #21  
But we are so double minded, aren't we? We sweat every detail, every fluid, filter, oil, anti freeze etc on our tractors, while how many of us do the same thing with our cars? Some of our cars and trucks are as expensive as our tractors and in many cases, even more so.

Do we only/always buy OEM filters, fluids, oils for our other expensive vehicles? I can assure you that I have bought little or no Honda branded filters, oil, antifreeze or such for my wife's car, and yes, the dealer has them. Why don't I buy them there? Not even during the warranty period.

Just thinking out loud here. That is all.

/ radiator flush #23  
Do we only/always buy OEM filters, fluids, oils for our other expensive vehicles? I can assure you that I have bought little or no Honda branded filters, oil, antifreeze or such for my wife's car, and yes, the dealer has them. Why don't I buy them there? Not even during the warranty period.

Just thinking out loud here. That is all.

Great point. My wife's car was more than double what my tractor cost, and I buy everything at Walmart or NAPA. I worked for a truck company for a summer, they got a delivery from the local NAPA every week with all their filters and other parts, and those vehicles were over $100K.

/ radiator flush #24  
Has anyone used "Water Wetter" ? Red Line Synthetic Oil - Water Wetterョ Coolant Additives , came across this stuff when I ran water cooling in my over-clocked computers .
Can see a significant change in the system's efficiency .

We have been using water wetter for some time now in our racing karts. First started using it in our RZ350 Yamaha powered kart about 10 years ago and found that the engine ran about 20 degrees cooler. 80 horsepower out of 20 cubic inches, with about 2 quarts of coolant. Our current kart (pictured) is a 80cc laydown, using water wetter as well.

As over rated as the cooling system is on my tractor, I don't think there would be any point to using it there. My temperature gauge never climbs above about 1/3 of the range.

/ radiator flush #25  
That's funny, and that about says it all.

well, I don't know - I mean air is made by nature and it's basically pretty much made up of the same gases all over the world. You suck it into your compressor and blow it out. It's not manufactured by some Chinese or even American company trying to maximize profits and keep costs down to please American consumers and corporations. It's not really a good analogy to compare it to manufactured fluids, but I guess it's funny. If I knew that something was the exact same makeup chemically as the Kubota spec.and cost less, well then maybe I might buy it depending on some other things. Just something to think about.

Also doesn't a commercial operation have to control costs to the nth degree? So wouldn't they look for low cost bulk fluids as they are usually depreciating their equipment and don't plan to keep it for it's full life cycle no matter how much it cost. Just something to ponder. Not try to sell anybody on Kubota fluids, buy whatever makes your frugal little heart happy!:)

/ radiator flush #26  
We have been using water wetter for some time now in our racing karts. First started using it in our RZ350 Yamaha powered kart about 10 years ago and found that the engine ran about 20 degrees cooler. 80 horsepower out of 20 cubic inches, with about 2 quarts of coolant. Our current kart (pictured) is a 80cc laydown, using water wetter as well.

As over rated as the cooling system is on my tractor, I don't think there would be any point to using it there. My temperature gauge never climbs above about 1/3 of the range.

Yeah gassers run better , well so do oilers (diesel) when they are cooler .
I agree , I don't use it in the tractor (Water Wetter) just my truck (has a small cam , headers , custom CIA , tuned with EFILive by me) , was just injecting something into the conversation .
I don't believe in buying dealer filters , anti-freeze , fluids , which are just as good from non-dealer sources ( I do believe in buying a brand name thought) .

/ radiator flush #27  
I'm so stupid I'd rather give my money to my local hardware store guy than Wally World.

That's a big part of why I use a lot of OEM parts. When it comes time to buy a widget for a 40 year old piece of equipment they are more than willing to help. Try to get anything special at wally world or tractor "supply"...