Radio installation in a MF 1600 series

/ Radio installation in a MF 1600 series #21  
The antenna was a universal swivel one that I bought from Carquest, $14.95. Also needed an antenna cable extender, as that was too short. Sounds and works great. :)

Was looking at mounting an antenna like you did. Once I took off the inside plastic cover where the fuses are I don't see how to get to the back of the antenna to tighten it up without removing the door bracket. Any advise?

/ Radio installation in a MF 1600 series #22  
Was looking at mounting an antenna like you did. Once I took off the inside plastic cover where the fuses are I don't see how to get to the back of the antenna to tighten it up without removing the door bracket. Any advise?

It tightens from the outside. We used a Ford style universal antenna.

/ Radio installation in a MF 1600 series #23  
Thanks Will. I found one on Ebay that worked fine. Just finished the install, stereo and antenna, about 30 min ago. I guess I should say 9:00pm on Thur. 8-8-13. Still need an antenna wire extension as the one with it is too short. It' due here tomorrow. Then all is complete. You're right. The install wasn't bad at all. Appreciate the info you provided.

/ Radio installation in a MF 1600 series #24  
Thanks Will. I found one on Ebay that worked fine. Just finished the install, stereo and antenna, about 30 min ago. I guess I should say 9:00pm on Thur. 8-8-13. Still need an antenna wire extension as the one with it is too short. It' due here tomorrow. Then all is complete. You're right. The install wasn't bad at all. Appreciate the info you provided.

Great to hear !! You will love it!

/ Radio installation in a MF 1600 series #25  
Hey fellas ... on the "power" harness, there's 3 wires: Black, Orange, Brown. I'm assuming Black is ground. Of the remaining two, which is constant, which is the 12v turn-on lead? Thanks.

/ Radio installation in a MF 1600 series
I'm not sure, but I think the orange is hot all the time. It's best to confirm it with a meter or a test light.