Ranger VS Gator XUV

/ Ranger VS Gator XUV #61  
but found out that putting a cab on the gator takes away the 3 pt restraint (and the passenger handholds) anyway.

I just read in another thread that it is the same for the ranger as well though...

The dump bed on the gator is awful, very awkward to dump and extremely heavy (empty). Once that bed was full of rock or topsoil, I 'm not sure I would be able to manually dump it. I would say that the electric lift option for me would be mandatory.

When they are new they are NOT heavy, they are TIGHT. You need to feel one that has been broken in and loosened up a little. I don't think you will ever find a UTV that you will be able to dump a full load of dirt by hand with, I've never tried it with mine but can't imagine it working out to well.

/ Ranger VS Gator XUV #62  
Weekendwarrior said:
The dump bed on the gator is awful, very awkward to dump and extremely heavy (empty). Once that bed was full of rock or topsoil, I 'm not sure I would be able to manually dump it. I would say that the electric lift option for me would be mandatory.

Congrats on the new Ranger. You will love it. As for the dump on the Ranger, even with the hydraulic assists, I don't think you will be able to dump a bed load of anything with just those. I went ahead and got the electric dump for mine when I bought it. When you get ready to buy accesories for your Ranger look up Nature Coast Motor Sports on the web. They offer free shipping on anything over $200 and if put in PRC as a coupon code you get a certain percent off the order. I think it is 20% but it has been 8 months since I ordered anything from them, so I may be off a little or they may have stopped the discount. Also they are the cheapest place to buy the Polaris Extended warranty through.

/ Ranger VS Gator XUV #64  
TOMMYHPX4X4 said:
so what kinda warranty do you get with the polaris and what kinda extended warranty do they offer??

The basic warranty is kind of weak, only 6 months. I bought the 5 year warranty for $800. The good thing about the extended warranty is that it is just as thorough as the initial 6 month warranty. It covers everything, engine, transmission, suspension, and electrical. I have had it over a year and haven't had a warranty claim yet. You could get a 2 year warranty but for the money the 5 year was a better deal. I probably wouldn't have gotten the extended warranty, but knowing that I wouldn't be home for around 15 months, I didn't want anything going wrong with it and my wife having to deal with the dealership and the $$$$$ to get it fixed.

/ Ranger VS Gator XUV #65  
look up Nature Coast Motor Sports on the web. Also they are the cheapest place to buy the Polaris Extended warranty through. I bought the 5 year warranty for $800.

Thanks for the info. My dealer quoted me $800 on a 2 year extended warranty. I decided to hold off, because he said I could buy it up to until 5 months into the 6 month basic warranty. I'll definitely check Nature Coast out.

Put another 7 hours on my Ranger since my last post. Hauling loads of cinder block down to my back acre to build garden beds.

/ Ranger VS Gator XUV #66  
I think u made a bad decison. And there actully is a contest every year for the best UTV an the Gator came in first an Ranger came in third. The Arctic Cat prowler came in second. The XUV has better suspension an a smoother drive. The XUV has the best 4 wheel drive. An has the most comfort in its class. It also has the best handling. Im not say that polaris is bad but the XUV will bea it in almost all fights. The only thing it will lose to is speed and Horse power. But it goes 30 mph and 25 hp. I say u made a realy bad decision. And john deere has a 1 full year warrenty that comes with it. U didnt need to pay $800 more dollars for warrenty if u had bought a gator. I have an XUV an no problem yet an i got it 2 years ago. an my cousin has a ranger an had 10 problems already an he had it for 2 or 3 years. I would of went with the John Deere Gator XUV 850d

/ Ranger VS Gator XUV #67  
I would choose the Gator over the Ranger, just because of personal preference. I think the Ranger is a good vehicle, but the only real upside it has going for it is more horsepower and a higher top speed. Personally I don't think you really need more than the 30 mph top speed that the Gator has unless you want to get stupid with a machine that really isn't even safe enough to go over that speed in the first place. To me, the Gator has a better color scheme, design, and over all just the fact that it's a John Deere is a reason that it appeals to me. Plus the Gator was really one of the first all around utility vehicles to come on the market other than a Golf cart.

I have a Gator 6x4 and the only thing that bothers me is that you notice every single bump in the ground with there being no suspension on the rear end. I also have a Polaris Sportsman 700, which is a nice ATV. It has lots of power, and a smooth ride. But recently, I have thought of selling both the Gator and the ATV out right, and then taking the money I get from that and putting it into one smooth riding and hard working vehicle, namely the XUV. Who knows, we'll see what the future holds.

/ Ranger VS Gator XUV #68  
Gator XUV warranty is two years. At least it was when I bought our 850D last September.

68 hours later, still no problems. Everybody in my family likes it and uses it, and being a Deere, I'm not worried about it. Its like my JD 5210, well built and I just use it without worry.

/ Ranger VS Gator XUV #69  
Hi guys,

Ranger - Quite loud, with lots of vibration noise from the
Bottom line - after much debate - I bought the Ranger ('07 700XP). Paid for it Thursday night, the dealer dropped it off (free delivery) Friday afternoon. i've already racked up 2 hours in the thing!

Chris
PA
The One I rode in had a lot of bad vibration

/ Ranger VS Gator XUV #70  
Never tried a John Deere utv but I've been happy with all my Polaris products. Held up well for both play and commercial work (firewood hauling with trailers and plowing all winter). Had a recall once for an engine ecm (drained the battery) and that's it (other than recalls from Warn winches for contractors). I would never hesitate to buy a Polaris product. One complaint I have with the ranger though, is the seat does not slide and my wife is short so she can't drive it. She can only reach the pedals sitting on the front edge of the seat. Don't know if there is an aftermarket fix for this? She is more suited to my friends Cub Cadet Volunteer as it has sliding seats.