Rare snow. Cabin Picture.

/ Rare snow. Cabin Picture.
Jayste, it is almost 1000 sq ft. The layout is simple: right side (as pictured above) is one big room. There is a simple open kitchen and a dining area in it. The other half is two bedrooms and a small bathroom. The 'great' room featured scissor trusses that give it a high ceiling. The right side wall has a space for a fireplace and chimney and we went ahead and included a footing for the fireplace as well. One of these days.

Jinman, yes, the front steps are an obvious omission. Its mostly due to the same reason that there are no closet doors in one bedroom, no fireplace, no door (just a board) for the crawl space, no insulation, etc etc. Just ran out of funds, energy and time. Plus we're still debating whether or not to screen in the porch. And, in order to put steps on the front we need to have a gutter installed across it. So its just one in a long list of things to do before the cabin gets 'finished' for real.

Sad thing is, we still haven't finished and its already time to paint and stain again!

Here are a couple of interior shots:

20984DSC0840.jpg

20984DSC0973.jpg

20984DSC0967.jpg

/ Rare snow. Cabin Picture. #12  
I agree, fantastic place! Something to very proud of, thanks for sharing the pictures.

/ Rare snow. Cabin Picture. #13  
George, why didn't you put any steps on your front porch? I'm sure you enter the cabin from the rear, but the porch missing steps seems like an obvious oversight. I'm just confused and curious?:)

Nice cabin and great picture. I used a portable building for my cabin, so it isn't nearly as pretty as yours. The covered porch is a favorite feature of yours.

My wife also mentioned the steps. :)

You did a very nice job.

/ Rare snow. Cabin Picture. #14  
Beautiful picture. It's so clear and crisp!!! Makes me want to be there, but after dealing with my snow mess here, I'm not so excited about snow anymore. LOL

Eddie

How much snow did you get down there Eddie?

/ Rare snow. Cabin Picture. #15  
Jayste, it is almost 1000 sq ft. The layout is simple: right side (as pictured above) is one big room. There is a simple open kitchen and a dining area in it. The other half is two bedrooms and a small bathroom. The 'great' room featured scissor trusses that give it a high ceiling. The right side wall has a space for a fireplace and chimney and we went ahead and included a footing for the fireplace as well. One of these days.

Jinman, yes, the front steps are an obvious omission. Its mostly due to the same reason that there are no closet doors in one bedroom, no fireplace, no door (just a board) for the crawl space, no insulation, etc etc. Just ran out of funds, energy and time. Plus we're still debating whether or not to screen in the porch. And, in order to put steps on the front we need to have a gutter installed across it. So its just one in a long list of things to do before the cabin gets 'finished' for real.

Sad thing is, we still haven't finished and its already time to paint and stain again!

I know the feeling. My projects always seem to take longer than I have time for them. My barn rebuild which I expected to take two years on will end up being more like five or six. Mean while, driveways need rebuilt, another building needs finished, etc, and so on.

/ Rare snow. Cabin Picture. #16  
...it is almost 1000 sq ft. . . .The 'great' room featured scissor trusses that give it a high ceiling. The right side wall has a space for a fireplace and chimney and we went ahead and included a footing for the fireplace as well. One of these days.

George, that great room/dining room/ kitchen area is huge. It's just what it should be. I especially like the view of your Kubota out the kitchen window.;)

You certainly have a very comfortable and beautiful cabin. You'll always have a project to do there and a good excuse to enjoy getting away for a few days.

/ Rare snow. Cabin Picture. #18  
Here is what the snow did at our place. It was good snow. It showed up overnight and was melted by lunch time! :D

_DSC7825_15.jpg

I looked at a dozen Holly trees and this was the only red berry left.

Later,
Dan

/ Rare snow. Cabin Picture. #20  
The neighbor's fence. I think he cut down the Ceders on my land before it was my land. :eek::D

_DSC7936_34.jpg

If he did take the Ceders from what became my land the photo makes up for the lost trees. :D I have plenty of Ceders.

Later,
Dan