Rare snow. Cabin Picture.

/ Rare snow. Cabin Picture. #21  
My cabin is on a river in the N.E. GA mountains....here are some snow pics
(have a java app running to make it snow)

Snow on the river

/ Rare snow. Cabin Picture. #22  
:D The Java app is cool. No pun intended. :D

Hope the snow melted off the steps and did not turn to ice. :eek:

Later,
Dan

/ Rare snow. Cabin Picture. #24  
George,

Thanks for sharing the interior pics. I remember you doing so awhile ago, but I had forgotten how nice it was. I didn't notice a TV, and thought that was perfect for a getaway place to relax and enjoy the company of others. It really has an inviting feel to it and you should be very proud of what you've accomplished.

Eddie

/ Rare snow. Cabin Picture. #25  
I hear the next winter olympics location is between SC and Texas! :D
George already has the bumpy snow for the mogul hill (in the outdoor cabin picture). :cool:

Don

/ Rare snow. Cabin Picture. #26  
this is a pic I took Wednesday with my phone, woman on our bridge at the farm and looking up stream where I been taping the trees & boiling for sugar!

have fun

mark

Attachments

• bridge & helper woman in snow.jpg
    bridge & helper woman in snow.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 73
  • woman on bridge over creek woods in back.jpg
    woman on bridge over creek woods in back.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 79
  • tap trees ahead.jpg
    tap trees ahead.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 62
   / Rare snow. Cabin Picture.
Beautiful scenery Mark.

Don, for most of the Olympics the temperatures were lower here in the hot and sultry south than in Vancouver! We've had an unusually cold and snowy winter down here.

Eddie, no TV, no internet, no phone line. We've got a radio and cell phones but that's it and that's pretty much the way we like it. I'm not anti-TV or technology, but for now part of the charm of the cabin is getting away from all that.

(I will admit that sometimes I'll download a movie from iTunes and watch it on the laptop on a long winter evening.)

/ Rare snow. Cabin Picture. #28  
Nice looking cabin. Looks like it is built on a slope. Do you have a view from it? Maybe post a pic of your view if you get a chance. As far as the trim being sloppy that is called experience. The barn I built on our currant property is 10 better than the one I built on our pervious acreage, you learn as you do different things. As for not having TV etc that is a real luxury to be fully enjoyed, peace and quite with no phone ringing.

/ Rare snow. Cabin Picture. #29  
Nice looking cabin. Looks like it is built on a slope. Do you have a view from it? Maybe post a pic of your view if you get a chance. As far as the trim being sloppy that is called experience. The barn I built on our currant property is 10 better than the one I built on our pervious acreage, you learn as you do different things. As for not having TV etc that is a real luxury to be fully enjoyed, peace and quite with no phone ringing.

Not if you have kids! LOL

/ Rare snow. Cabin Picture. #30  
Awesome cabin! Thanks for the pics. I desperately want to build a cabin with a nice big porch at the back of our place but have not gotten to it yet. Yours sure has a homey comfey feel to it.