RDrancher's Photo Thread

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread
Welding - The Kubota SVL75 was a rental. I don't own a Kubota anything, but know everyone at the dealership and they treat me like gold! They gave me a two day for the price of one, knowing that my machine was down. You can't beat that.

Eddie - I was actually going to purchase a new SVL75 and ended up getting the Case. Even though I've had my share of problems with it (most caused by the previous owner I'm finding) I do like the machine. The Case is much larger. It's right in between the 75 and 90 in size, weight and power.

My Case has a bunch more legroom than the 75 and a nicer, quieter cab. I'm six foot and my knees bother me in the 75 after awhile. A/C is far superior in the Case. I rarely use the fan on high speed...it's on high all of the time in the Kubota and still marginal when its hot and humid. The A/C in the Case will freeze you right out of there! The welded, open design undercarriage with a double front idler and straight hydraulic controls on the Kubota are a huge plus for durability. The undercarriage on the Case is bolted on like Bobcat, Cat, Deere and all of the others (except Takeuchi) and much harder to clean out. The Case controls are electric over hydraulic which isn't as positive, but it does offer selectable speed options for fine tuning. The ride is superior on the Case since the track-on-ground length is longer, it's heavier and has push button ride control for the bucket. Kubota doesn't offer ride control and the bucket is also self-leveling all of the time which can be a pain at times.

Fuel consumption is drastically different between the two machines. I can run my Case all day on less than 3/4 of a tank at high throttle, but it will operate at far less throttle than the Kubota. The Kubota won't go eight hours on one tank. I think the capacity is only one gallon or so difference. If you don't run the throttle up on the Kubota it doesn't like to turn with a loaded bucket, won't counter-rotate the tracks and will actually stop in it's tracks in 2nd gear. To get any sort of fuel economy, I run the hand throttle at 1/2 and use the foot throttle when I need it. The Case has better pushing and breakout power, but Kubota has Stall-Guard which is really cool. Push into a pile as hard as you can...it won't kill the engine.

Engine compartments are a wash...the Case is more accessible, but Kubota has a roller/tilt radiator that makes it really easy to clean out. Under the cab is a different story. The Kubota hydraulics hoses and routing are neat, clean and accessible. Very little as far as wiring goes. The Case's hydraulics lay in the bellypan with hoses running into what would be chaincases on either side if it were a wheeled skid, and they're not accessible without removing the tracks and drivemotors...EXPENSIVE to replace. With all of the wiring required for the Case's E/H control system it's a mess. Actually looks like an afterthought.

I could probably go on and on...:laughing: After jumping from the Case into the Kubota I was really missing my Case. It's a stronger, more comfortable machine than the SVL75. That said, I still want a Kubota SVL90. It's a flippin' beast! And...you didn't hear it from me, but there just may be an SVL110 in the works. Holy cow...!

I felt a bit hinky about the weld shop, so I called my gravel / concrete supplier contact who said..."Bring it in!" These guys have a deal with Peterbilt and get frames, cabs and components, and build their own dump and concrete trucks from the frame up.

After the bent piece was cut out we discovered that it was only 1/8" thickness. Not any more...1/4" now plate to plate. Chuy getting it done.
Weld01.jpg Weld02.jpg Weld03.jpg Weld04.jpg Weld05.jpg

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #653  
Welding - The Kubota SVL75 was a rental. I don't own a Kubota anything, but know everyone at the dealership and they treat me like gold! They gave me a two day for the price of one, knowing that my machine was down. You can't beat that. Eddie - I was actually going to purchase a new SVL75 and ended up getting the Case. Even though I've had my share of problems with it (most caused by the previous owner I'm finding) I do like the machine. The Case is much larger. It's right in between the 75 and 90 in size, weight and power. My Case has a bunch more legroom than the 75 and a nicer, quieter cab. I'm six foot and my knees bother me in the 75 after awhile. A/C is far superior in the Case. I rarely use the fan on high speed...it's on high all of the time in the Kubota and still marginal when its hot and humid. The A/C in the Case will freeze you right out of there! The welded, open design undercarriage with a double front idler and straight hydraulic controls on the Kubota are a huge plus for durability. The undercarriage on the Case is bolted on like Bobcat, Cat, Deere and all of the others (except Takeuchi) and much harder to clean out. The Case controls are electric over hydraulic which isn't as positive, but it does offer selectable speed options for fine tuning. The ride is superior on the Case since the track-on-ground length is longer, it's heavier and has push button ride control for the bucket. Kubota doesn't offer ride control and the bucket is also self-leveling all of the time which can be a pain at times. Fuel consumption is drastically different between the two machines. I can run my Case all day on less than 3/4 of a tank at high throttle, but it will operate at far less throttle than the Kubota. The Kubota won't go eight hours on one tank. I think the capacity is only one gallon or so difference. If you don't run the throttle up on the Kubota it doesn't like to turn with a loaded bucket, won't counter-rotate the tracks and will actually stop in it's tracks in 2nd gear. To get any sort of fuel economy, I run the hand throttle at 1/2 and use the foot throttle when I need it. The Case has better pushing and breakout power, but Kubota has Stall-Guard which is really cool. Push into a pile as hard as you can...it won't kill the engine. Engine compartments are a wash...the Case is more accessible, but Kubota has a roller/tilt radiator that makes it really easy to clean out. Under the cab is a different story. The Kubota hydraulics hoses and routing are neat, clean and accessible. Very little as far as wiring goes. The Case's hydraulics lay in the bellypan with hoses running into what would be chaincases on either side if it were a wheeled skid, and they're not accessible without removing the tracks and drivemotors...EXPENSIVE to replace. With all of the wiring required for the Case's E/H control system it's a mess. Actually looks like an afterthought. I could probably go on and on...:laughing: After jumping from the Case into the Kubota I was really missing my Case. It's a stronger, more comfortable machine than the SVL75. That said, I still want a Kubota SVL90. It's a flippin' beast! And...you didn't hear it from me, but there just may be an SVL110 in the works. Holy cow...!

Sounds like you are comparing the wrong one.... Compare the Kubota 90 to the Case and then which do you like? (0:

Sounds like you are comparing the wrong one.... Compare the Kubota 90 to the Case and then which do you like? (0:

Papa, I was just referring to Eddie's question. Even though there are things that I like and dislike about both machines, I would not trade my Case for an SVL75. That said, the 90 is a whole 'nother bird. The lack of legroom and A/C cooling is my major complaint with the 75...the 90 shares neither of these problems. The 90 also has more length of track on the ground and more weight, so it rides better than the Case. Did I mention that the SVL90 is a beast?

If it weren't for the whole money thing, I'd already have a 90...but...my Case is paid for and I have a couple of things in the works right now that are more important than a new machine.

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #655  
The company I work for just bought a new 320 like yours . The controls are very touchy , too fast . Hard to grade with, no subtle adjustments . Can you explain the fine tuning on the controls ? Manual is very vague on things that operator could use . Thanks John , always enjoy your posts , Kevin .

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #656  
Enjoyed reading your comparison between the two machines. I'm hoping to buy a cab tractor in about two years and I like both Case and Kubota. I've dealt with both dealers over the years and like the people who work there, but have had some issues with Case and their policies on maintaining parts for their equipment. They also like to eliminate certain parts and will only sell a new replacement unit, like a hydraulic pump or drive motor on some models. Instead of a thousand dollars in parts, you have to spend $25,000 for a new pump.

I've never heard of Kubota doing this, but all my dealings with them have been for engine parts for an Onan diesel generator and Landpride parts.

Eddie

Kevin - Your machine could be set up on "fast" for one or more functions from the factory. I believe that all of the 2013/014 machines are already equipped with the EZ=EH update. but you may want to ask your dealer to be certain. I'd scan the instruction sheet for you if I thought you could read it, but my copy is a copy of a scan and pretty light. Call your dealer and have him send the instruction sheets for EZ-EH Speed and Control Settings and also the Electronic Keyless Locking System setup if you don't have that one. The instruction sheets walk you through the setups step by step.

Eddie - What size tractor are you looking for? The reason I ask...CNH (Case and NH) dropped Shibaura in the Boomer series. LS supplies that size tractor now. Cab CVT tractors are still Shibaura made, but my dealer dropped both the LS and CVT tractors because of the amount of warranty issues. Kubota makes nice cab models, but I find that their cabs are too cramped for my liking from the Grand on down. I've run my friends 125hp Kubota quite a bit...it has a cab comfy enough to take a nap in. :D

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #658  
I'm leaning towards a 12 foot batwing and from what I've read, I need 60hp at the PTO, so probably a 70 hp tractor. I'm not set on anything and hope to figure out which one is the best bang for the buck.

Eddie

The same friend that has the 125hp Kubota also has a '06 Case JX75 with around 3k hours on it. I spent two spring/summer/fall seasons in it, cutting and raking hay, loader work, running a batwing etc. on his own 2500 acres and contract work for others. It's the one I grab when I need to load round bales for my place. It's a nice midsize cab tractor that's very comfortable to work in all day long. I don't have a need for a tractor this large, and its not as plush as his big Kubota, but I absolutely LOVE that tractor! The only real problem he's had with it is the a/c system dropping its charge. It's a leak the dealer cannot seem to find, but more of a dealer problem than anything. I drive an hour the other way to avoid the same dealer (even for parts) for my TR320.

/ RDrancher's Photo Thread #660  
I really like the Case, but the dealer support makes me cautious about buying from them. Might be better for Ag equipment, especially since it's the same machine as the NH. Why did your friend buy Kubota if he liked Case? Case makes tractors that size and a heck of a lot bigger.

Eddie