Re-routing Exhaust

/ Re-routing Exhaust #1  

Miklos

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti LK-3504 w/FEL & R4's
Hi, I'm new to this forum and was amazed at the helpfullness and civility of this board. Anyways, I just recently purchased a Kioti LK3504 with FEL. One thing I need to do as a modification is to change the exhaust from being vertical exit, to exiting somewhere underneath the tractor. The reason for this is so it will survive brush-hoggin under tree limbs. My question is where does the exhaust exit on the Kubotas/Deeres/New Hollands that have it routed down?

Thanks for the replies!

Miklos

/ Re-routing Exhaust #2  
The horizontal exhaust exits normally under the rear axle, behind the seat. You don't want the exhaust exiting in front of the driver and fall asleep at the wheel do you? /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Re-routing Exhaust #3  
Miklos, I had a ford 1910 with the pipe coming out of the side and going up, your right it was bad news in low brush/trees. I cut the the muffler off took the header of and tured it 180 degs. [points down now] and got some 1 1/2" galvalum flex pipe and ran it down and under the tractor, reinstalled the same muffler added more flex and ran it behind the axle up inside the rollbar.[it was hollw and the pipe fitt right in inside] this moved the pipe the smell and the noise above and behind you. The new kubota comes out the left side and sends the exhaust out to the frount of the tractor. Its not to bad but not as good as above and behind! Any body moved it on a L modle???
Rich

/ Re-routing Exhaust #4  
Miklos

On my JD 4300 the exhaust comes out under the left front corner(pointing forward, slightly down and slightly to the left side).

Jerry

/ Re-routing Exhaust #5  
Miklos:

On my Kubota B6100 the exhaust flange on the left side of the engine is square. It is an option on this tractor to mount the flange so the muffler/pipe points straight up or to put on a shorter pipe, and mount the flange with the muffler/pipe horizontal pointing forward (between the engine and the FEL).

18-31084-BillSig2.jpg

/ Re-routing Exhaust #6  
WVBill, that's the same as my B7100 was. It was horizontal, but they said they had to turn it to vertical when they installed the B1630C loader.

Bird

/ Re-routing Exhaust #7  
Bird:
Mine is horizontal and clears the loader.
I don't like the fact that the exhaust blows directly on the loader hydraulic hoses from about three inches away but it's been doing that for going on 23 years now so I guess it's not hurting them other than a lot of soot.

18-31084-BillSig2.jpg

/ Re-routing Exhaust #8  
Yeah, Bill, even with the vertical exhaust, the lack of visible smoke, and the fact I only infrequently raised the loader high enough or long enough for the left loader arm to be as high as the exhaust, that left loader arm still turned black from soot./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif And now with the B2710 exhaust coming out low on the left side (looks like it would be even closer to the loader arm), I still haven't seen any blackening on it.

Bird

/ Re-routing Exhaust
Looks like I'll go ahead and try the front exit first, since it is the easiest. If that doesn't work well in the fumes department, then I'll try the exit to rear under the axle. The tractor has square 4-bolt flanges, so rotations of 90 degrees are easy. Thanks again for the help

Miklos

/ Re-routing Exhaust #10  
I wouldn't worry about the fumes much. Almost all (maybe all) Kubota compact tractors have the exhaust coming out of the lower front. Mine (B2910) exits down right over the front axle. I've never smelled any exhaust fumes at all.

Larry...