Re-routing Exhaust

/ Re-routing Exhaust #11  
<font color=blue>Almost all (maybe all) Kubota compact tractors have the exhaust coming out of the lower front.</font color=blue>

I dunno 'bout all the others, but the Economy L's have a vertical stack sticking up out of the left side of the hood.

HarvSig.gif

/ Re-routing Exhaust #12  
Well Harv, I guess I consider "Ls" as BIG tractors. I was really talking about B series. Guess I gotta be more accurate in the future!

Larry...

/ Re-routing Exhaust #13  
Larry, I guess the exhaust on my B2710 is the same as your B2910 and I have noticed the exhaust odor occasionally but only in hot weather driving into a very light breeze.

Of course, I've also found that when your hands get cold, that exhaust is a great handwarmer, if you just didn't have to stop and get off to do it./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Bird

/ Re-routing Exhaust #14  
Bird, my theory on cold hands is keep em in your pocket till you can get in the house! Unless, of course, your shop is heated.

Larry...

/ Re-routing Exhaust #15  
Larry, how do you steer your tractor with your hands in your pockets?/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Bird

/ Re-routing Exhaust #16  
Steering the tractor with my hands in my pocket isn't too big a problem Bird. If it's cold enough to make my hands cold, the tractor's on/off switch is in the off position and I'm in the house. Guess I'm a fair weather farmer!?! But then that isn't too big of a problem here in Southern Calif. We have lots of other problems but freezing weather fortunately isn't one of them. I spent 19 years in Virginia and 12 years in Arkansas. Beautiful places but too cold (and hot) for me. I'm here for the duration...

Larry...

/ Re-routing Exhaust #17  
<font color=blue>I consider "Ls" as BIG tractors</font color=blue>

Wow! I never thought of my li'l L as a BIG tractor. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

I know it's all relative, but I think my 2500 is about the smallest of the L's, and it sure doesn't seem big in the middle of my 42 acres. /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

In Kubota land, I believe the BX's are considered sub-compacts, the B's and L's are compacts and the M's are utility tractors. Maybe it has to do with Cat0, Cat1 and Cat2 hitches.

Anybody out there know the real definitions, across color boundaries and everything?

HarvSig.gif

/ Re-routing Exhaust #18  
General classes...

Subcompact = Kubota BX Series and any future tractors that compete with the BX...

Compact = Compact Utility = Anything smaller than a Kubota L4610, NH TC45D, JD 4700. Under 50 HP.

Utility = Kubota M4900, NH TN55, JD 5210. 50-75HP.

Ag Utility = 75-100HP

Ag = Over 100HP

msig.gif

/ Re-routing Exhaust #19  
I had a Ford 4000 diesel with exhaust running under floorboard and out at back axle. Was great under trees and when operating the tractor. Was not great when hitching/unhitching with engine running. I love the smell of diesel, but...

Bill

/ Re-routing Exhaust #20  
It does not matter WHERE the exhaust stack ends, the fumes always manages to find ME! :cool:

Later....
Dan McCarty