Re: Tire ballast choice?

/ Re: Tire ballast choice? #21  

I just found out that my dealer screwed me. I specified that I wanted Rim Guard in my rears. He put in tubes and calcium. Well, live and learn. I will be removing the calc in the summer and putting in RG myself.

/ Re: Tire ballast choice? #22  
I just found out that my dealer screwed me. I specified that I wanted Rim Guard in my rears. He put in tubes and calcium. Well, live and learn. I will be removing the calc in the summer and putting in RG myself.

That stinks. Did he charge for rim guard?

/ Re: Tire ballast choice? #23  

i hope not. cacl and water is the cheapest/heaviest ( together) ballast you can get...

and there may be implications down the line if you don't keep up on maintenance.

/ Re: Tire ballast choice? #24  

Yes. $398.oo for tubes and ballast. The paperwork never did specify RG. I will be having a chat with him in the spring when I take a sample to him.

Last edited:
   / Re: Tire ballast choice? #25  

Yes. I will be having a chat with him in the spring when I take a sample to him.

i think i'd cll for caht now!

BIG money difference.

at least he tubed them...

mke sure you keep up on any leks. if you do get a lek. brek it down and wash it and make sure rim paint stys intact. that's the biggest defense.

PS... get some vlve stem cores made for ccl. otherwise first time you air them or check them the springs will die and they will leak immediately.

/ Re: Tire ballast choice? #26  

at least he tubed them...

mke sure you keep up on any leks. if you do get a lek. brek it down and wash it and make sure rim paint stys intact. that's the biggest defense.

PS... get some vlve stem cores made for ccl. otherwise first time you air them or check them the springs will die and they will leak immediately.

I will be calling my tire guys on Monday. They are closed tomorrow except for emergency call outs.

/ Re: Tire ballast choice? #27  

Boy Soundguy, bad day? You sure do offer a lot to the forum but you sure do get wound up easy if anyone ask you for clarification. I didn't see the new member disputing you...just asking what kind of temps you have experienced.

Go ahead, have at me.

MarkV

What a dick

Got to agree.Many of his posts seem to be aimed at painting one's counter views as ignominious as he possibly can make it... I try, to avoid direct conversations.

/ Re: Tire ballast choice? #28  

hope they make it right($$) for you.

/ Re: Tire ballast choice? #30  

costs more, and non corrosive...