Rear Blade - Heavy Duty

/ Rear Blade - Heavy Duty #21  
Gary, have you seen this blade? You have to physically change the hydraulic from side to side to get the full amount of angles. :thumbdown: It has a bunch of stuff hanging on the back, :thumbdown: double check it. Plus the blade is not boxed, just has reinforcing welded on, :thumbdown: again not as good in my opinion. I would definitely say that I would go with the Land Pride for the size of blade that your looking for.:thumbsup:

None of this makes this a bad blade, just stuff about it that I don't care for.

Just my opinion. ;)

/ Rear Blade - Heavy Duty
Gary, have you seen this blade? You have to physically change the hydraulic from side to side to get the full amount of angles. :thumbdown: It has a bunch of stuff hanging on the back, :thumbdown: double check it. Plus the blade is not boxed, just has reinforcing welded on, :thumbdown: again not as good in my opinion. I would definitely say that I would go with the Land Pride for the size of blade that your looking for.:thumbsup:

None of this makes this a bad blade, just stuff about it that I don't care for.

Just my opinion. ;)

Brian - Thanks for the double check. None of these blades are on the local dealers lots...very few people buy this level of blade. It was my original understanding that Land Pride was similar but your message prompted me to go into the Land Pride LBT40 series operator's manual and look at the offset and angle features and compare with the Bison/Frontier....your right only the Land Pride gives full range of use from single positions. With the Bison/Frontier the angle link needs to be switched for sure but I'm not sure about the offset. I thought that had to be switched as well. Thanks for the double check on me. Always difficult to get full info without a specimen on a dealers lot and an exceptionally sharp dealer. Both of my local dealers(Kubota & Deere) are good and have strengths in areas they have direct experience in but when it comes to this stuff they are less familiar with they know very little more than if one were to dig for themselves. Thanks for the digging and checking up on me.

My JD dealer is following up on a field installed hydraulic kit "deluxe triple rear SCVs" to extend my current hydraulics. Not clear in the Deere info if this is possible and my dealer and his regional support agent wasn't sure. Will know in a day or two. If not plan B is to add additional non-JD SCVs.

Thanks again, Gary

Pulled the trigger on a Land Pride rake(LR3596) and rear blade(RBT4096) as they are well made, reasonably priced, and very available. Thanks for the previous feedback. Still working on the TnT and extra rear remotes...Gary

/ Rear Blade - Heavy Duty #24  
Gary, this is great news. :thumbsup: How long for delivery? Was there a delivery charge, or does LP include it if on a std delivery time and truck? And here is the biiiiiig question, how much did these cost you? I know that a lot of people prefer not to mention dollar amount and that is fine, but it sure helps out people that are looking and trying to make decisions on which way they might go. We expect pictures when you get delivery of them. :cool2:

Hey, on the "TnT", are you looking to fabricate the cylinders and controls yourself, or looking for cylinders and controls in a kit already made?

Hi Brian - I'm not concerned about sharing costs as it helps others know what is in the ballpark. The rake, which comes with heavy duty wheels and no hydraulics, is at a local dealer's storage and goes for $1700 + tax. The rear blade is sitting at the Land Pride factory and will be shipped in the next couple of days at no additional price. Rear blade comes with offset and angle hydraulics and skid shoes at $3700 + tax. I'll take delivery in about 10-14 days..........Gary

/ Rear Blade - Heavy Duty #26  
Gary, this is great news. I had been told that my rear blade was shipped for free, but I have had a few doubts if that were really true, but this confirms that it was indeed shipped for free. Looking forward to what you think about the LP rake as well as the rear blade. Are you getting delivery for both at the same time, or the rake right away?

Brian - Same time on delivery...my choice. Have quite a few obligations hitting me at the moment including some agri coursework in Kali at UCD, adding and turning compost to my spouse's veggie garden, putting in a backyard patio, mowing 12 acres...grass is finally growing here, and getting rid of my buddy yellowjackets from setting up a party in my tractor and implements. Can't wait to build my road!.......Cheers, Gary