Rear Blade - Heavy Duty

/ Rear Blade - Heavy Duty #11  
Gary, sounds like you understand the hydraulic situation needed. I would use 3" cylinders for the "TnT" on your tractor. I usually look at the size of the lift cylinders on the loader to get the size that works best. You probably need an 8" stroke for your side link and a 10" stroke for your top link. How many remotes are available from Deere? Factory would be the cleanest setup, but 3 may be the limit.

The heavier the better. With all grading implements, weight is your friend.. Buuuut, it sure is nice to have that 30" offset. Sort of need to "weigh" (pun intended) just what you really need. The offset amount would really sway my decision at this time. Please post the cost differences. When I priced mine, the Frontier & Bison were 3-5 hundred more.

/ Rear Blade - Heavy Duty
Brian - The Deere rear remotes go up to 3...based on Deere site. I'll visit my Deere dealer guy sometime in next day or two to confirm. When I have additional firm quotes I'll post them here.

I did not previously mention the LP RBT4596 and the Bison NHVH-242-XHD which weigh in at 1100lbs and have offsets of 35in and 18in, respectively. My Gannon BB tips the scales at 1100lbs which I can pull in MFWD. Not sure how the JD 5325 would respond to a 1100lb attachment hanging off to the left or right and hitting a subterranean rock. My guess would be that it would pivot the tractor a bit. Do you think I should give much consideration to these heavier blades?......Thanks, Gary

/ Rear Blade - Heavy Duty #13  
Gary, my feeling is that for your tractor, the RBT4096 is the perfect blade. You would be wasting the extra money that the heavier blades cost. They are just to much blade for your tractor in my opinion. The specs on the LP website are wrong. The 45 series is rated for a 15,000lb tractor, not 9500lb as shown in the specs. With the amount that the LP offsets vs the others, I would get the LP without question. I had not realized that the offsets were so different back when I bought mine. :eek: After your posting and listing out how different the offsets are, I am very glad that I ended up with my LP with the 35" offset capability. The 30" offset that the 40 series can do sure is nicer than the smaller offsets of the others.

Thanks for keeping us informed.:thumbsup:

/ Rear Blade - Heavy Duty #14  
Gary, my feeling is that for your tractor, the RBT4096 is the perfect blade. You would be wasting the extra money that the heavier blades cost. They are just to much blade for your tractor in my opinion. The specs on the LP website are wrong. The 45 series is rated for a 15,000lb tractor, not 9500lb as shown in the specs. With the amount that the LP offsets vs the others, I would get the LP without question. I had not realized that the offsets were so different back when I bought mine. :eek: After your posting and listing out how different the offsets are, I am very glad that I ended up with my LP with the 35" offset capability. The 30" offset that the 40 series can do sure is nicer than the smaller offsets of the others.

Thanks for keeping us informed.:thumbsup:

Brian,
Any chance you could jump in on my thread and give me your thoughts?
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/168762-why-doesnt-my-rear-blade.html

/ Rear Blade - Heavy Duty #15  
Thanks as always Brian. I will post the cost info this week. ......Gary

Brian & Others - After looking into the Bison and Frontier(rebadged Bison) rear blades only the >1000lbs heavier Bison(NHVH series) and Frontier(RB23 and RB 24 series) have full hydraulic control. The 800-900lb Bison and Frontiers only allow for hydraulics on the offset. With the TnT I could offset and tilt but no horizontal angle adjustment...except it looks like an offset angle would automatically create an angle where material would pass to the opposite side of tractor...correct? Talked to my dealer and the Land Pride folks to understand the details a bit better. As per feedback from Brian it appears the literature from Land Pride for the RBT 40 series is incorrect in their weight figures. The LP representative that I had on the phone said the framing structure of the RBT40 series is heavier than the RBT35 series as he worked the production line welding these units and thus he was a bit surprised that they have posted heavier weights for the RBT35 series. Down to cost. My cost assembled and delivered for an RBT4096 is $3775 + tax. This includes hydraulic offset & angle, manual tilt, and skid shoes. No cushion valve, selector valve, or end plates.....Gary

Blade pricing update : Northeast region pricing for the Frontier RB2308(rebadged Bison NHVH242XHD) is $3600 + delivery(to dealer) + tax. This price includes offset and angle hydraulics and skid shoes. If I exclude the hydraulics the RB2308 drops to $2700 + delivery(to dealer) + tax. This price is ~$500 to $800 higher than Bison from a midwest dealer, however, I would have to manage the setup of the Bison at my end....pretty frickin heavy.........Gary

/ Rear Blade - Heavy Duty #19  
Gary, that explains the small amount of offset. If you were to look at the positioning of the offset hydraulic, you would see that it only offsets to one direction without moving the hydraulic to the other side which is allowed for, but a PITA. Yes when offset, the blade does angle, but that is not something that you want to rely on. While I do use the offset on my rear blade, most of the time I just want it angled centered behind my tractor.

I'm sure that if you go to the next heavier blades in the Bison and Frontier brands, you will get a better comparison to the 35 and 40 series Land Pride. It is clear in the pictures of Land Pride how the mast portion of the hitch is different. The 35 series has strapping for extra support and the 40 series has tubing.

RBT35 series Land Pride RBT35 Series Rear Blades

RBT40 series http://www.landpride.com/lit/lit_dirt/lit_rbt40.pdf

I'm to busy typing, while your doing research. :eek:

/ Rear Blade - Heavy Duty #20  
Blade pricing update : Northeast region pricing for the Frontier RB2308(rebadged Bison NHVH242XHD) is $3600 + delivery(to dealer) + tax. This price includes offset and angle hydraulics and skid shoes. If I exclude the hydraulics the RB2308 drops to $2700 + delivery(to dealer) + tax. This price is ~$500 to $800 higher than Bison from a midwest dealer, however, I would have to manage the setup of the Bison at my end....pretty frickin heavy.........Gary

Is it that much less including the shipping? How much is the offset on the Bison? If you can get it for that much less, I would go for it. They talk about assembly, mine was the same, supposedly less $$$ to get it disassembled. I ordered mine disassembled to save a few bucks. Unknown to the dealer and me, assembly entailed installing the sliding adjustment bars, about 5 minutes total. Maybe I just lucked out though. :thumbsup: