Rear Finish mower?

/ Rear Finish mower? #11  
I have a 84" First Choice rear finish mower. Purchased it from Ken Sweet (Sweettractor)
Solid tires, rear discharge.
Nice mower, nice cut.

/ Rear Finish mower?
Vince, thanks for the info as usual I appreciate it.:thumbsup:

/ Rear Finish mower?
Who makes Sicma? Is it a Caroni?

/ Rear Finish mower? #14  
You might want to consider a unit with a front center scalping wheel, and make sure you can easily grease the unit without having to take the unit apart. Greasing the unit is the life of a finish mower, and if you have to take the unit apart for maintenance then it becomes a piece of equipment you work on, then use, work on, then use.....

Just something to think about.

/ Rear Finish mower? #15  
Coobie so you think Sweets mower isnt any good either?

I have a countyline tiller which is a KK and have prob over 100hrs on and it has worked flawless but thats a tiller not a mower. I do agree that you usually get what you pay for in life but sometimes a good deal is just that. I know nothing about mowers and I usually reserch twice and buy once so any help is appreciated.

If it comes down to having to buy a $2000+ mower then ill save enough just for that. But if a $1000-1500 will cut grass just as good and will last then maybe thats what I need.

To be honest id rather give a dealer my money than a chain store but thats just me.
I have a 65 inch sicma(Kioti) tiller which if am correct is made in Italy that has also been flawless.My brush cutter is a woods 5ft.I spoke with a rep from King kutter at the farm machinery show in louisville Ky.this year and he told me the countyline products were a step down from the heavier duty line of King kutter products.I am just telling you what I was told from the King Kutter rep.Good luck on your choice.coobie

/ Rear Finish mower? #16  
Who makes Sicma? Is it a Caroni?

Sicma is a Mfgr in Italy that makes equip for themselves, branded Sicma and for probably a dozen other. I have sold Sicma products badgeed, Sicma, First Choice, Kleen Kut, Kioti, Phoeniz, Farmmax and Deere has Sicma working for them. Caroni is all off to themselves and are good basic starter equipment without all the bells and whistles and I dont ever remember seeing a Caroni product rebadged. Someone will correct me if I am wrong on this. Ken Sweet

/ Rear Finish mower? #17  
I bought a 5' First choice mower from a buddy last year for $500. It leaves a great cut, and I am happy with it. Also, I e-mailed Ken Sweet about getting any replacment parts, and he responded quickly (have not needed anything yet, Ken, but I have your address if I do.)

Will

/ Rear Finish mower? #18  
I bought a 5' First choice mower from a buddy last year for $500. It leaves a great cut, and I am happy with it. Also, I e-mailed Ken Sweet about getting any replacment parts, and he responded quickly (have not needed anything yet, Ken, but I have your address if I do.)

Will

Will, we will be here if you need us. Thanks, Ken Sweet

/ Rear Finish mower?
Ken, what colors are the mowers available in? And is it easy to service grease?