Rear Finish mower?

/ Rear Finish mower? #31  
I have a buehler farm king 84 inch that does a good job on both short and tall grass. It is rear discharge. Paid 1400 this spring on cl for it. Great shape and seems to be very well built.

Farmking makes a good mower. You got a good buy. If you ever need parts support, we are a Farmking dealer. Ken Sweet

/ Rear Finish mower? #32  
I brought a used Woods RM990-3 (90" cut) 8 years ago. Never had an issue with it. Leaves a great cut and the only noise is from the 6 blades. I really like the way the blades are real easy to remove for sharpening.

/ Rear Finish mower? #33  
It is original oil. I am going to put in the thick Lucas synthetic. Hope it quiets down. It really screams.

IMHO.. I don't trust any fluids coming from china. I've seen other people drain 'green' fluid out of a radiator and froze it in their freezer.

wasn't antifreeze I guess.. just green colored water!

no telling hwat their oil is.

in the chinese forums I heard stories of oil drainings that should be 30w and came out like a stiff grease almost!!!!!

/ Rear Finish mower? #34  
What options are important? I want a 72" im thinking solid wheels and a clucth pto would be nice. Any other features are better than others?

Anti-scalp spring loaded wheels are nice. I prefer solid tires. An all fabricated deck and mowing arms. Not stamped stuff. Spindles that are machined from one piece cast iron castings and not machined from soft steel fabrications. A Kevlar belt. Some good weight on the mower so it follows the ground instead of bouncing over it. I have never had a slip clutch PTO on a RFM finish mower.

/ Rear Finish mower? #38  
Always nice to have a reply in German. Why didn't I think of that?

/ Rear Finish mower? #39  
I used to work for a farm equipment dealer that sold Woods equipment. When customers would ask me why they shouldn't buy a RFM from Northern (or similar, not to pick on Northern), I would say "compare the weights". That will tell you a LOT about the difference between mowers. I regularly use a very old Wood 6' RM306 to cut about 5 acres of grass every week, and it has never missed a beat in the 10 years since I picked it up when the customer traded it in on a new mower. Aside from the overall weight, look for a slip clutch on the PTO, sturdy castor wheels, heavy blades, etc.

Mike

/ Rear Finish mower? #40  
used to eat that pan fried up with a piece of american chees on toast.. of course that was a few years ago befor ethe chest pains started.. :)