Rear Remote Hydraulic Attachments / Implements

/ Rear Remote Hydraulic Attachments / Implements #21  
General rule: if the attachment had a hydraulic cylinder on it, you want a remote for it.

/ Rear Remote Hydraulic Attachments / Implements #22  
Do you mean for replacement?

/ Rear Remote Hydraulic Attachments / Implements #23  
Another attachment where having a hydraulic side link (as well as a HTL) is a great advantage is a set of 3ph pallet forks...

Hydraulic T&T pretty much eliminates HOHO...(hop off hop on)

/ Rear Remote Hydraulic Attachments / Implements
All excellent things to keep in mind. Thank you all very much for the help.

Given all I've learned from you fine chaps, I'll DEFINITELY get at least one or two rear remotes. :)

/ Rear Remote Hydraulic Attachments / Implements #25  
Great Thread I'm very new too, explained a Ton. Thank You and great question!

/ Rear Remote Hydraulic Attachments / Implements #26  
First how much property do you have and what will the ultimate use be. I ask this as I wish I had 5 to 10 more PTO HP to run power equipment such as my baler or disk mower. I would recommend at least 30 PTO hp and get a hydro static drive (35 PTO would be better). Also get the loader included. As for remotes, I have 4 ports (two levers)and use all of them now as I am getting one of Brian's hydraulic top links. Depending on the tractor pump, a 3 pt log splitter will be slower than an independent unit. I tried one out and was disappointed in the speed. Power OK but speed low due to pump flow. I should have gotten the remotes OEM at time of purchase as they were way cheaper that way. Some dealers throw them in as a purchase incentive too, so shop around and use that as a bargaining point.

Last edited:
   / Rear Remote Hydraulic Attachments / Implements #27  
For a guy who lives in Maine (Colgate2004's area), I'd want rear hydraulics for a snow blower chute rotation and/or angling a front snow plow.

/ Rear Remote Hydraulic Attachments / Implements #28  
Something to keep in mind when pricing things out, if costs are a concern to you. Be sure to price apples-apples, NOT apples-oranges. What some tractors have std are options on others. Also try to compare deluxe-deluxe, not deluxe-economy.

I read all the time people making a comment about so & so tractors are junk compared to so & so's. Then when the truth comes out, these guys were looking at the absolute cheapest model of one brand and the best model of another. Apples and oranges, not a fair comparison at all. :no:

I'm not saying to not do that, but don't expect anything to be equal, quality or cost.

One last thing, typically you get a better price on things when they are purchased all at the same time from the same place. What I mean by that is if you are going to buy X Y & Z from dealer A, you will normally get the best price from him to get X Y & Z all at the same time vs purchasing X and then 6 months later getting Y & or Z.

Good luck with your search.

/ Rear Remote Hydraulic Attachments / Implements #29  
As RoyJackson points out, if a snowblower is in your future (2) remotes would be nice for chute rotation and deflection. I will add that I regret not getting a cab tractor sooner for snow blowing / plowing. There are plenty of sub compact and compact tractors that have factory cabs.
I have 2 rear remotes, and a 3rd function for a loader quick attach snow blade.

/ Rear Remote Hydraulic Attachments / Implements #30  
. There are plenty of sub compact and compact tractors that have factory cabs.

SCUT with a factory cab? I've never heard of them before, that would be interesting. Lots of aftermarket ones though.