Rear Remote Hydraulic Attachments / Implements

/ Rear Remote Hydraulic Attachments / Implements #31  
Smallest I've seen is a B3030 cab.

/ Rear Remote Hydraulic Attachments / Implements #32  
I had seen plenty of pictures of BX tractors with nice well fitted cabs, and I assumed they were factory. Regardless, once the subject of northeast snow removal was brought up I just want to recommend (2) remotes and a cab. After 15 years on an open station tractor with snowblower or plow, I really wish I had bit the bullet and gotten a cab tractor sooner.

/ Rear Remote Hydraulic Attachments / Implements #33  
Thanks Robyn.

I'm looking for a few examples of attachments that require a remote. Any help there?

Thanks!

I had triple rear remotes on my 2008 Mahindra 5525 (55 hp engine, remotes were a $700 option, dealer's design, dealer installed).

Principally used them for work in my 7 acre hayfield: wheel disc, 10-ft wide grain drill, hay squeeze.

The most common use is for log splitters, for post hole diggers with some type of hydraulic down force option, and for top and tilt (aka Top-n-Tilt, TNT) options added to the 3-point hitch.

Good luck

/ Rear Remote Hydraulic Attachments / Implements #34  
Hopefully this is the best place to post this question.

I recently purchased a Branson 4520R with a factory backhoe. When the hoe is off the tractor the hydraulic lines are connected to each other.

Im not well versed in hydraulics but i am mechanically capable. I want to add dual rear remotes for a mower offset, rake angle, and hydraulic top link. I think I can just run the backhoe hydraulic lines through the open center of the remote valve block and I'm good to go... I have no need of the remotes when using the backhoe so it's not a big deal to disconnect them when the backhoe is attached.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

/ Rear Remote Hydraulic Attachments / Implements #35  
Hopefully this is the best place to post this question.

I recently purchased a Branson 4520R with a factory backhoe. When the hoe is off the tractor the hydraulic lines are connected to each other.

Im not well versed in hydraulics but i am mechanically capable. I want to add dual rear remotes for a mower offset, rake angle, and hydraulic top link. I think I can just run the backhoe hydraulic lines through the open center of the remote valve block and I'm good to go... I have no need of the remotes when using the backhoe so it's not a big deal to disconnect them when the backhoe is attached.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

You'd likely get better response with a new thread in the hydraulics section but I'll answer what I can for you here.

The answer is: sort of. It depends on what is on the down-stream side of the Power Beyond Loop that usually powers the backhoe. On many tractors, the PB loop is fed from the loader valve and the 3pt hitch is down stream of where the line is disconnected to attach the backhoe. This is how my Kubota was done. I added a 4 spool valve (as you are proposing) following the factory diagrams which added a 3rd line from the new valve that returns to the tank. My understanding is that this return line removes any possible back-pressure from the 3pt valve which is now being fed from the PB port on the new valve. When you have the BH mounted, you never want to use the 3pt hitch but with it off, you may want to use the 3pt AND the remotes which changes how the flow reacts.

As a side benefit, when I want to use my backhoe, I simply plug it into one of my remotes and set the control lever in the dedent. It's much quicker and easier now to attach/remove without having to mess with the PB loop like factory.

I hope that helps.