Rear Remotes on a JD4110

/ Rear Remotes on a JD4110
And it works too!

Attachments

• 777259-DSC03970.JPG
    777259-DSC03970.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 1,514
And now for a test drive from the chief test driver to confirm there are no leaks or other problems, along for the ride is the crew chief and head mechanic to make sure everything was working properly!

Attachments

• 777262-DSC03965.JPG
    777262-DSC03965.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 1,482
   / Rear Remotes on a JD4110 #13  
Very Nice! Your pics will be very helpful when I get around to doing the same thing! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif What did you use for handles on the valve?

Thanks for asking, I had meant to include that part in the original post!

I had thought I could source the correct handles from Danfoss, Finally found a local dealer, and after 2 weeks of calling and them blowing me off, they finally replied with a cost of like $45.00 a piece! Yeah Right!

So I got some 5/8 round bar and made them myself, modeled them after the ones on the log splitters at TSC. It was a PITA to get them the same and work properly, but we all have unlimited time right?

So, after all said and done... I would have gotten this EATON-CESSNA valve from the SurplusCenter, They have replacement handles should one break, and the PB sleeve if it is needed in your application.

/ Rear Remotes on a JD4110 #15  
Okay- Any concerns with the gpm of that valve??

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Any concerns with the gpm of that valve??
)</font>

I had thought that originally, But the IN/OUT fitting size is actually larger on the Eaton valve (SAE 8) compared to the Danfoss (SAE 6), I am not sure why they are rated so differently, The 4110 is rated 5.1 GPM, so I think the Eaton one will do the trick easily.

And here is a POST where we discussed it in more detail a while ago.

/ Rear Remotes on a JD4110 #17  
At least one poster here on TBN (8561) is using that Eaton-Cessna valve with the power beyond sleeve to run rear remotes. I know because I fabricated the mounting bracket for him. It is a nice small compact unit and I believe it's made in the USA. The main thing you should be concerned about is that its gpm rating equals or exceeds your tractor's implement pump gpm.

/ Rear Remotes on a JD4110 #18  
As Mad said, I do have the Eaton Cessna on my rear remotes, I have the three spool version with power beyond. It works well, is small and seems to be well made.

/ Rear Remotes on a JD4110 #19  
That looks like it turned out great Kenny. What implements will/ can benefit from the rear remote? I can imagine a backhoe, but what others? (Newbie trying to learn /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif )

A backhoe would best be served by just the PowerBeyond hookup.
But remotes could power:
Log splitter
Hydraulic Top and Side links aka. TNT (top-n-tilt)
Dump Trailer
Grapple on bucket
Angle and tilt on a rear blade

Those are just some!