Rear Snow blower for B2620

/ Rear Snow blower for B2620 #11  
Since the financing is a no go, start looking in the swap sheets and on Craig's List for a good used one. There are usually a few around and maybe you can get one now for a decent amount. Good luck.

/ Rear Snow blower for B2620 #12  
John, I will let you know after a few storms. There is one tomorrow in the Northeast (they are calling for 6+ inches in Montreal). I am looking forward to using it.

Gyro

/ Rear Snow blower for B2620 #13  
I was able to find a used Kubota snowblower that a previous owner had converted from front mount to rear mount 3PH. We'll see how it does in the next couple of days. It appears to be in good mechanical shape but a bit ugly from rust. I looked on ebay and craigslist and eventually found one within a reasonable distance on craigslists a couple of months ago.

/ Rear Snow blower for B2620 #14  
I bought a used C60 Agrotrend (made in Southern Ontario),that was like new, two years ago for $600. It is very heavy duty and throws snow as far as I need it to go. It is easy to install and maintain with no mods required.

I bought it off the local craigslist and would reccommend you look there unless you want to buy a brand new snowblower

Attachments

• TS3.jpg
    TS3.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 762
   / Rear Snow blower for B2620 #15  
It's quite a ways to travel, but there is a 6' woods blower listed for $750.00 in the Charlottseville, VA Craig list. It is located in Harisonburg, VA which is on I-81.

Last edited:
   / Rear Snow blower for B2620 #17  
Hi, Can some of you give me feedback on pricing for a snow blower (rear) for a B2620. Or recomendations on good models and if any other tractor mods might be necessary to run said eqipment. Thanks

Call around - I found that I didn't have many options - most of the area dealers carried the same brands. Meteor is a local favorite.

Check specs and get something with a 4-blade fan, and go for the highest gross weight. Most blowers designs are very similar, so weight = ruggedness - heavier means thicker steel.

JayC

/ Rear Snow blower for B2620 #18  
Hi, Can some of you give me feedback on pricing for a snow blower (rear) for a B2620. Or recomendations on good models and if any other tractor mods might be necessary to run said eqipment. Thanks

There is a guy in the attachments forums that has one he wants to sell and lives in Greenwich NY. Check it out.

/ Rear Snow blower for B2620 #19  
Sorry for the delay John but I wanted to try the snowblower a few more times before giving you any feedback.

So far I have been really happy with the purchase.

1. The rear B2789 (51 inches) is a good fit for my B2320, The HST works great with the indefinite speedcontrol to adjust for the snow quantity. I usually use Low range and don't have to slow down unless it is really wet and heavy.

2. The manual chute works good for what I have to do (about 300 ft of driveway). An electrical or Hydraulics chute rotation control would be a nice add-on (maybe later on).

3. There has been a lot of discussion about shearing pins on this forum. So far so good, the manufacturer pins have held on. Mind you I did not go through branches or anything like that and I have an asphalt driveway. I also always engage and disengage the PTO (clutch in) at low RPM to prevent big loads. I clean the excess snow with a broom when I am done to prevent snow from freezing and jamming it the next time I use it.

4. The throwing capacity depends on your chute angle and type of snow. At 540 RPM which is around 2800 RPM on my tractor tachometer (basically almost my max since it stops at 3000) I can throw dry snow a good 30-40 ft.

5. Nothing else to report so far. No breakdown or anything.

Gyro

/ Rear Snow blower for B2620 #20  
Sounds like it is working out well for you. At least you are getting some snow to try it out on - we are getting nothing here this year so tractor / blower have been sitting idle - usually we have had a couple of feet to deal with already by this time of the year....not much seat time :(