Tires Rear tires filled...what a difference..

/ Rear tires filled...what a difference.. #1  

BotaBX24er

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX24
OK, I have to admit that I was very skeptical about what difference having the rear tires filled on a BX24 would provide since I was told by the dealer that because of it's smaller size, filling them wouldn't have too much impact. And as long as I kept the BH on, no addtional conterweight would be required...boy were they wrong :eek:. Not only did the extra weight help with traction while trying to dig dirt out of a pile that had been sitting a while, but stability also dramatically improved. Another thing I noted was that even with a full load of wet dirt in the FEL, it didn't bounce as much. So I can say that it's been the best $25 I've ever spent on my BX24.

Just wanted to share this positive experience with you folks, esp. the new ones that may have the same skepticism...I definitely learned something.

/ Rear tires filled...what a difference.. #2  
Just wondering are there tubes in those tires?

I have a B Kubota with loader tires and twice have had a rear tire surprise me with a flat while working. Filled would help prevent that but slime might be best as it is used to cut grass and often the light weight is a plus.

Mind my asking what part of our wonderful state you are in? I am about 20 miles west of Myrtle Beach.

/ Rear tires filled...what a difference..
Just wondering are there tubes in those tires?

I have a B Kubota with loader tires and twice have had a rear tire surprise me with a flat while working. Filled would help prevent that but slime might be best as it is used to cut grass and often the light weight is a plus.

Mind my asking what part of our wonderful state you are in? I am about 20 miles west of Myrtle Beach.

No, none of the tires have tubes in them. but I agree if you are mainly using to cut grass, then I would definitely not weigh it down any more than you would need to. That's a lot of Slime for the rears though and can be fairly costly :confused:.

I'm in the Rock Hill/York area of SC.

/ Rear tires filled...what a difference.. #4  
OK, I have to admit that I was very skeptical about what difference having the rear tires filled on a BX24 would provide since I was told by the dealer that because of it's smaller size, filling them wouldn't have too much impact. And as long as I kept the BH on, no addtional conterweight would be required...boy were they wrong :eek:. Not only did the extra weight help with traction while trying to dig dirt out of a pile that had been sitting a while, but stability also dramatically improved. Another thing I noted was that even with a full load of wet dirt in the FEL, it didn't bounce as much. So I can say that it's been the best $25 I've ever spent on my BX24.

Just wanted to share this positive experience with you folks, esp. the new ones that may have the same skepticism...I definitely learned something.

It's what I been trying to tell others here! I went 2 years without filled tires on the BX and then had filled last fall. Who mows in thier right mind with BH on if they can take it off as easy the BX can ?(don't get me wrong - removing the BH sure does make it easy to mow, but it not a bear of a proble with it on so let not bash on this ;) ) IMHO- I would never go without loaded tires again. Welcome to the liquid ballast club! :D

/ Rear tires filled...what a difference.. #5  
It's what I been trying to tell others here! I went 2 years without filled tires on the BX and then had filled last fall. Who mows in thier right mind with BH on if they can take it off as easy the BX can ?(don't get me wrong - removing the BH sure does make it easy to mow, but it not a bear of a proble with it on so let not bash on this ;) ) IMHO- I would never go without loaded tires again. Welcome to the liquid ballast club! :D

Love my loaded tires...no ballast required when hauling trees, lumber, wet soil.... great in the snow too. rarely use the 4wd to push the snow...

/ Rear tires filled...what a difference.. #6  
And as long as I kept the BH on, no addtional conterweight would be required...boy were they wrong :eek:.

When I bought my b2620, my salesman told me filling the small tires would not make much difference also. He was also wrong, once I had them filled with Rimguard it was alot better. Other things have happened that make me think my dealer and salesmen don't know that much about the smaller tractors, they just want to sell something big and don't really care about the smaller series. But I digress.

/ Rear tires filled...what a difference.. #7  
I talked to my local tractor tire guy and he said he's never filled a tire as small as whats on a BX 23 and he wouldn't know how many gallons to put in. I've been watching the posts on getting the tires filled and I'm leaning towards taking it to him and say "fill em up". How many gallons would go in the tires?
It sure seems like a great way to add stability and traction to the tractor.

/ Rear tires filled...what a difference.. #8  
I wouldn't even think of having a tractor with out having the rear tires filled. They are much safer on side hills not to mention the additional traction. I tried the Slime thing years ago. It just didn't work for me. I went back to plugging tires. If a tire breaks a bead and grass gets mixed in with the Slime inside the tire I was done for the day. I could never get the nasty grass/Slime combo off the rim well enough for the bead to reseal in the field. I had to bring the tire home and clean this stuff off. A tire plug kit and portable air compressor will keep me going all day.

/ Rear tires filled...what a difference..
I talked to my local tractor tire guy and he said he's never filled a tire as small as whats on a BX 23 and he wouldn't know how many gallons to put in. I've been watching the posts on getting the tires filled and I'm leaning towards taking it to him and say "fill em up". How many gallons would go in the tires?
It sure seems like a great way to add stability and traction to the tractor.

Not sure how much the dealer put in but he did state that the way they fill it by listening and waiting until the fluid gets to the top of the rim (bubbling?). But like I said, it's been a noticeable difference on my BX24, which I think is the same size as the BX23.

/ Rear tires filled...what a difference.. #10  
I prefer my tires the same way i prefer my women....... loaded !!! :D