Tires Rear tires filled...what a difference..

/ Rear tires filled...what a difference.. #11  
My dealer sells Rimguard by the pound. He knows how many pounds it takes to fill the tire to the recommended 75% full.

/ Rear tires filled...what a difference.. #12  
I hate to be a wise guy here...
But it seems to me that you just set the bead to the rim with air, and then with the tires on the tractor and the tractor supported to take the load off the tires you rotate the tire so that the valve is at the clock position that is just past the postion would meet the 75% ratio..

Fill the tire until you think it is right, the rotate the tire to 75%, if fluid comes out your done.. If not keep adding..

Of course this could be done with the tires off the tractor too......

But am I off the mark here?

later,
J

/ Rear tires filled...what a difference.. #13  
Bota, I have only been in your area a time or two. It is easy to say nice area as to me our whole state is.

Radar Tech, I have only filled two I think or refilled two following repairs and what you described should work fine.

/ Rear tires filled...what a difference.. #14  
I hate to be a wise guy here...
But it seems to me that you just set the bead to the rim with air, and then with the tires on the tractor and the tractor supported to take the load off the tires you rotate the tire so that the valve is at the clock position that is just past the postion would meet the 75% ratio..

Fill the tire until you think it is right, the rotate the tire to 75%, if fluid comes out your done.. If not keep adding..

Of course this could be done with the tires off the tractor too......

But am I off the mark here?

later,
J

The dealer can tell you how much your tire will hold. By pound or volume.

/ Rear tires filled...what a difference.. #15  
I too am a firm believer in loaded tires. I have only had to refill once after a flat rear tire:(. Since the tractor was at the woodlot 50 miles away, I removed the wheel and brought the whole thing home to repair. After patching the tube and setting the bead with air I stood the tire upright with the valve stem at 12 o'clock (valve removed) and did like RadarTech said (I used a drill pump to add the fluid...works real slick) then reinstalled the valve and added air.

/ Rear tires filled...what a difference.. #16  
I wouldn't worry about loaded tires when mowing unless possibly if you were mowing with something like an L series or bigger. I run my counter weight on mine, simply because my B5200 has original tires that look a little cracked, so I don't want to spend the cash on rimguard and lose it 6 months down the line because a tire failed.
But anyway, it helps roll the lawn as I mow, but no damage from it. Actually it help keep me from accidently spinning as much. Bear in mind, the old timers ran 2wd tractors all of the time, and got it done. How? A properly weighted tractor. I beleive I should be able to run 2wd 90% of the time if I am doing my part with weight.:cool: