Rear Finish Mower Rebuilding my 72” King Kutter Finish Mower

/ Rebuilding my 72” King Kutter Finish Mower
591-585. Blades have three holes. My blades mount using two bolts to the spindle.

Had a hard time with caster wheel spindles bending and wear. Scut 4x4 in rough terrain and lots of back and forth maneuvering. Changed to 3500# axle bearings, spindles and hubs. At the the time 1/3 of cost of OEM parts. Did require some fabrication and welding. Been trouble free ever since.

I’ll look into getting a set and will post part numbers here when I order them.

Today was a very wet day power washing the deck and larger parts

- 1st reason was degreasing/deep cleaning to save some work later.

- 2nd reason was to rinse off the rust converter when I was done using it which also etches bare metal to prep for paint

Tomorrow I will fabricate the belt cover hold downs and cap the rusty rectangle stock ends to slow the internal corrosion.

I may or may not get to sanding and priming

IMG_7025.jpg

IMG_7024.jpg

/ Rebuilding my 72” King Kutter Finish Mower #13  
I hate to tell you this but you are working far to hard to clean up and paint your mower. I had some Hutterite friends sand blast and paint my mower for me. $160 and they used some left over paint they had laying around. I didn't get the underneath painted but I like the color and the mower looks great. They saved me hours of work for what I think was a very reasonable price.

I hate to tell you this but you are working far to hard to clean up and paint your mower. I had some Hutterite friends sand blast and paint my mower for me. $160 and they used some left over paint they had laying around. I didn't get the underneath painted but I like the color and the mower looks great. They saved me hours of work for what I think was a very reasonable price.

Other than hard parts I’m only into this for like $60. Most of the paint/primer I had on hand.

Also I learned recently in both Tennessee or Alabama that anything you want done right or even just simply done at all, you have to do it yourself.

/ Rebuilding my 72” King Kutter Finish Mower #15  
Other than hard parts I’m only into this for like $60. Most of the paint/primer I had on hand.

Also I learned recently in both Tennessee or Alabama that anything you want done right or even just simply done at all, you have to do it yourself.
Well I concider myself very fortunate that they cleaned up and painted the mower for me. I had it laying in pieces for about 5 years and never got around to painting it and putting it back together. I'm using the mower now and if I wouldn't have hired them it would still be laying around.

I agree with you on doing things yourself.

Well I concider myself very fortunate that they cleaned up and painted the mower for me. I had it laying in pieces for about 5 years and never got around to painting it and putting it back together. I'm using the mower now and if I wouldn't have hired them it would still be laying around.

I agree with you on doing things yourself.

I wish I had someone with a blaster that could help me.

It is on my list of tools to buy

/ Rebuilding my 72” King Kutter Finish Mower #17  
I wish I had someone with a blaster that could help me.

It is on my list of tools to buy

IMG_7042.jpg

Got the belt hold downs and priming done.

Tomorrow I’ll do some light sanding if needed to make a good surface for the paint.

After that I’ll be prepping/painting things like the gearbox and wheels etc.

/ Rebuilding my 72” King Kutter Finish Mower #19  
Better paint job than King Kutter already..

Discovered some cracks near where I capped the the rectangle tubing.

I welded the cracks up and painted the gearbox today

IMG_7048.jpg

IMG_7049.jpg

IMG_7052.jpg