Regenerative circuit?

/ Regenerative circuit? #21  
Is a Regenerative circuit used in post drivers like this?
Koyker Manufacturing - Post Puller/Pounder

Great point dieselscout80....I think it could be a good application for regen.....
I downloaded the manual, there were no hydraulic schematic, only an explosion over all the parts...valve pos#30 (third valve) would be the valve with regen....

I called Koyker, but the sales person could not tell....

/ Regenerative circuit? #22  
Oh boy, this could turn ugly fast! But that is fact the way most of the Kubota (actually Husco) valves are. It can be proven like a wrote above searching thread about plows and blowers.

They also like to put the split brake pedals on the same side of the tractor as the HST pedals...

"the operational code" was not meant to be an OSHA code or anything....just a common sense code....LOL....can still get ugly though...

I can see a scenario like this....
Dad trying to fix something on his raised loder bucket....
"hey kid, can you please push that left lever just a little"...........

/ Regenerative circuit?
So I'm out playing in the snow....Using my FEL with its snow bucket on the front and the blower on the rear. The blower has a hydraulic motor on the chute that is run off the 3rd valve. Should I be using the regen feature or not? Speed of dump is not an issue (I'm not in a rush) but the weight of that bucket of snow can sometimes get up close to the capacity of the lift cylinders. (think wet packed snow and ice)

A snow load will never, ever get close to the capacity of the lift cylinders. Maybe if the bucket freezes to the ground...

So, a regenerative function is a valve option, not an actual hydraulic circuit. Got it - and thanks all.

JayC

/ Regenerative circuit? #24  
I had to look up "eductor" also.:D This would be necessary on the log splitter valve, as there is no other force acting on the cylinder. On the FEL, the regen port merely opens a path between the piston and rod ends of the cylinder and the weight of the load in the bucket speeds the process. It's more about volume than pressure.
Does the low pressure port of the eductor system pull oil from the rod end of the cylinder or directly from the sump?

/ Regenerative circuit? #25  
I had to look up "eductor" also.:D This would be necessary on the log splitter valve, as there is no other force acting on the cylinder. On the FEL, the regen port merely opens a path between the piston and rod ends of the cylinder and the weight of the load in the bucket speeds the process. It's more about volume than pressure.
Does the low pressure port of the eductor system pull oil from the rod end of the cylinder or directly from the sump?
There is no eductor....area differential on piston, makes a net force that is bigger on extend...(rod cross area)...

if one force is 5 ton and a straight opposing force is 3 ton, the net force will be 2 ton, in the same direction as the 5 ton force.....which is extend in this case....

on a loader with gravity force, the regen has the main function to help pump to refill capped side.....
Please read my previous posts......thats why I post them.....

/ Regenerative circuit? #26  
There is no eductor....area differential on piston, makes a net force that is bigger on extend...(rod cross area)...

if one force is 5 ton and a straight opposing force is 3 ton, the net force will be 2 ton, in the same direction as the 5 ton force.....which is extend in this case....

on a loader with gravity force, the regen has the main function to help pump to refill capped side.....
Please read my previous posts......thats why I post them.....

I guess this is where it gets ugly. I fully understand the regen function on these CUT/FEL systems. Apparently, more so than you do. It is a very simple redirection of, what would otherwise be, return oil. I am also aware that there is no eductor in these systems. Did you look at dynasim's log spitter valve link? That's why he posted it. This is where the eductor question came in. I believe I referred to the log splitter when I made the comment. Perhaps you should polish your reading comprehension skills then put some ice on that ego of yours. It seems to be swollen.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
   / Regenerative circuit? #27  
I know I don't understand as fully as many of you. My question is during extend when oil is pushed out of the rod side and routed to the capped side, how much addition friction occurs when the oil is pushed into the smaller passage. Is this where the venturi or educator effect takes place.

/ Regenerative circuit? #28  
I know I don't understand as fully as many of you. My question is during extend when oil is pushed out of the rod side and routed to the capped side, how much addition friction occurs when the oil is pushed into the smaller passage. Is this where the venturi or educator effect takes place.

Ptex,

I have not looked up what an educator is but yes the extra flow will create more pressure loss through the same size opening Vs a conventional return to tank system. On small AG tractors this is probably rarely considered since they are considered infrequent use and are operating with an external load that is assisting with the extend function.

I can tell you from experience that it must be considered in an industrial environment where cycle time, HP loss, & heat generation are watched more closely.

Hope this helps answer your question.

Roy

/ Regenerative circuit? #29  
It maybe that the orifice in the valve for the regen circuit, is built larger to compensate for the increased flow. Yes the velocity of the fluid will increase, and the speed of the cyl will increase, and the power the cyl generates will decrease. You are adding GPM's from the rod side to the pump's GPM flow. Cylinder cycle time will decrease.

/ Regenerative circuit? #30  
After researching The eductor, An eductor process uses a venturi effect to create a low pressure area. Almost anything that has fluid properties can then be introduced into the low pressure area and sucked into the higher pressure stream. The soap injector on a pressure washer is a good example.
As far as I know, tractors do not use this system. The basics of regen circuits are explained very well in the #2 post of this thread. Click the "read more" link. The regen function does not move a significant amount of oil and therefore should not add much heat.