Releasing pressure when hooking up loader.

/ Releasing pressure when hooking up loader. #1  

MESSMAKER

Veteran Member
Tractor
DK4710SE
Sometimes I have zero problems, other times it is almost impossible to hook up. I know how to release the female side but the only way I know for the male end is to unscrew the cylinder coupler and let out a bit of fluid. There has to be an easier way.

/ Releasing pressure when hooking up loader. #2  
Grab the hose and push the ball end of the male coupler against a hard surface to release pressure. Some people put a rag over the end when they do this to catch the few drips of oil.

How do you release the female side? Other than jiggling the handle or putting handle in "float" detent position (if available)?

/ Releasing pressure when hooking up loader. #3  
On my Grapple the male fittings (implement side) are often so tight I have to loosen them and let a little oil out. I always let the pressure off before on the joystick...but it doesnt seem to help.

/ Releasing pressure when hooking up loader. #4  
Usually pushing on something hard like Coby said works but I made a little clamp to hold it open that would work if you couldn't release the pressure by pushing.

QCtool1.JPG

QCtool3.JPG

gg

/ Releasing pressure when hooking up loader. #5  
Check your local supply house if you'd like to use a brass or nylon tipped set screw in a tool like Gordon made.

Braze or weld an Allen wrench into the hex for a handle, and or a nut at top for a wrench to fit.

I usually just hold a rag over an end and give it a rap with a piece of wood.

Yeah, I've smacked a knuckle or two when doing that. :eek:

/ Releasing pressure when hooking up loader. #7  
I ran cool water on my loader once to allow me to hook it up. If I take it off indoors its never a problem, its when the sun hits it you have problems.

/ Releasing pressure when hooking up loader. #8  
I turn off tractor and move all joy stick levers as manual describes to connect or disconnect implements to equalize pressures.

/ Releasing pressure when hooking up loader. #9  
How do you release the female side? Other than jiggling the handle or putting handle in "float" detent position (if available)?

I use a small dowel, about the diameter of a pencil, then tap it gently with a small hammer.

/ Releasing pressure when hooking up loader. #10  
the only way I know for the male end is to unscrew the cylinder coupler and let out a bit of fluid. There has to be an easier way.

A gentle but firm tap with a small soft faced hammer works well. As mentioned, use a rag to contain the bit of oil and to protect hands in case there is any pressure.