Releasing pressure when hooking up loader.

/ Releasing pressure when hooking up loader. #11  
Several solutions that I've learned over the years.

Remove the loader during the heat of the day and install when cooler helps a lot.
A rag over the end of the coupler and then rap the end with a hammer relieves the pressure without damaging the coupler.
Do not bump the loader in any way while driving into it to hook up. If you move anything before hooking up the hydraulic lines you've pressurized some part of the hydraulics on the loader.

/ Releasing pressure when hooking up loader. #12  
Pouring a concrete floor in my tractor shed fixed the issue for me. I often had trouble hooking up when I dropped the loader on gravel, but have had no issues in the 15 years since I've been putting it on the concrete.

/ Releasing pressure when hooking up loader. #13  
I only had one time that I couldn't install the hoses on my loader because of pressure. The temps when I last used the FEL was about -10 degrees and I tried installing the FEL in Summer.

Also, when I bought my grapple, it was sitting on a blacktop parking area, in the sun, in the summer, and it was HOT. The dealer had to crack a line to get it connected.

I too believe that hot temps will pressurize the closed hydraulic system.

/ Releasing pressure when hooking up loader. #14  
Temp difference can affect things, but the biggest thing is making sure you wiggle the joystick in all directions with the engine shut off before disconnecting the hoses.

/ Releasing pressure when hooking up loader. #16  
I turn off tractor and move all joy stick levers as manual describes to connect or disconnect implements to equalize pressures.

The best thing to do is like fetter1 says above! Makes for easy detachment as well.

/ Releasing pressure when hooking up loader. #17  
I've found that pressure in the implement end of the hose can be relieved when coupling by moving the valve in the correct direction when pushing the male and female together. Moving the valve handle back and forth while pushing will do the trick also if the correct direction is unknown.

The engine needs to be off when doing this but its basically the same thing as tapping the male end against something to bleed the pressure. The advantage is that the male is contained within the female thus containing the fluid. (For the most part)

/ Releasing pressure when hooking up loader. #18  
Wobbling a stick is great for making things easy from the tractor side, but a 'hydraulic' implement if 'parked in cooler weather' will typically have pressurized itself as/when temperatures rise. (Got grapple?)

This is where we have difficulty with just about every hookup in Springtime, as well as with some other 'switches' mid-season.

IMO, any/all of the above-posted/recommended remedies are :thumbsup:, and at least one should be considered a 'must'.

btw, I've bought/used 'pressure relieving' connectors. DO NOT expect them to make some sort of relieving tool/method unnecessary. I promise they won't. :cool: