Remington R1 .45 ACP

/ Remington R1 .45 ACP #21  
Many time FTF is a result of ammo. Some ammo just doesn't like some guns and won't feed correctly. Find a kind your gun likes to eat and meets your ballistic demands and happy days are here again!

/ Remington R1 .45 ACP
This new .45 would not be the ONLY gun for home protection. I do have other guns for that.

I used to shoot a lot with a buddy when he was in town and I always like to shoot his Colt .45. Ever since then I have had a .45 auto on the radar. Recently Cabelas was running a sale on the R1 for 599.00. For the money it seemed like a good way to scratch my .45 itch and I am a BIG fan of Remington shotguns.

I just don't want it to become one of those guns buried in the safe that provides no enjoyment for occasional shooting. Plus, at times it would be accessible to be used for home / car / boat / camper protection and if I have no confidence in it, buried in the safe it goes.

I hear you on the revolvers though. I can't disagree. Just trying to justify getting the .45.

/ Remington R1 .45 ACP #23  
The .45 caliber and specifically the 1911 model are they finest caliber and gun ever made. I have pistols of virtually every caliber but nothing compares to the .45...smoothest shooting, biggest knock down. What is not to love?

/ Remington R1 .45 ACP #24  
This new .45 would not be the ONLY gun for home protection. I do have other guns for that.

I used to shoot a lot with a buddy when he was in town and I always like to shoot his Colt .45. Ever since then I have had a .45 auto on the radar. Recently Cabelas was running a sale on the R1 for 599.00. For the money it seemed like a good way to scratch my .45 itch and I am a BIG fan of Remington shotguns.

I just don't want it to become one of those guns buried in the safe that provides no enjoyment for occasional shooting. Plus, at times it would be accessible to be used for home / car / boat / camper protection and if I have no confidence in it, buried in the safe it goes.

I hear you on the revolvers though. I can't disagree. Just trying to justify getting the .45.

They are fun to shoot, so there you go. :thumbsup:

/ Remington R1 .45 ACP
   / Remington R1 .45 ACP #26  
Not trying to influence you, but for me this pistol is so much more a shooters pistol than a 1911A1 and for me would be of a much greater value.. The Remington is a "old stylpe 1911" no beavertail, spur hammer, stock trigger.... you know ww1 and ww2 korea pistol, not a modern shooter.. but an actual retro pistol. I cannot shoot them well. But the Kimber is made to shoot with a proper high grip for recoil reduction and fast follow up shots... each to his own.. the Rem, is cheaper, and has the retro look, and maybe that is what you are looking for...For me, I would spend a little more and get something I could compete with. But that is just me:)

Kimber Custom II .45 ACP $799.00 SHIPS FREE

James K0UA

/ Remington R1 .45 ACP #27  
I wouldn't buy the R1 simply because it doesn't have a beavertail and ambi safety at least the one I shot didn't. I shot it and its an average but good quality 1911 is all I can say its nothing special nothing bad just personal preference on my part.

For a bit more $ there are lots of fully smithed factory 1911's. Like I say its personal thing I have spent tons of money modding these things and when I can get all the stuff I normally replace already done its a no brainer buy it shoot it leave it alone for the most part...my .002

/ Remington R1 .45 ACP #28  
I love the 1911's. Own 2 highly modded match wad guns, a hardball gun, a series 70 Gold Cup and a series 80. Love them all. I don't have FTF's, FTF's or even FTF's with them often. But...if im CCing a 45, it's a Glock 30. My bedstand houses a G21 with a light. I have never had ANY issues with my Glocks. Plus, a few more rounds ain't a bad thing.

/ Remington R1 .45 ACP #29  
They are fun to shoot, so there you go. :thumbsup:

Yep. If you want one and can afford one then buy one. That's good enough for most folks here with their tractors, so why not any other toy/tool? :thumbsup:

/ Remington R1 .45 ACP #30  
I guess I'll jump in here with my .02 cents about Kimbers. I had one for about a year. Shot the heck out of it. Would Jam with feed failures and eject failures regularly. I loved shooting that gun. Fit me well and was very accurate. Sent it back to Kimber with reliability complaints and they sent it back saying they could not replicate the problem. I call B.S. on that. It was so regular that I stopped carrying the thing and eventually traded it. Before anyone says it was a shooter problem or ammo problem I had several different people shoot the gun from range officers to instructors and none were suprised when it happened to them. No limp wristing with anyone. The first guys said break it in 200 rds + and it will be fine. It still happened. Then it was after 500 rds it will be fine. - No change. This with every type of factory ammo out there. Dang shame 'cause I really liked the gun but won't have one that is unreliable. I don't think I should have to break them in for reliability either. Now shoot and carry an XDS. No problems out of the box. 200 or so rounds through it as of now and surprisingly accurate for a 3.3" barrel. Almost half the price of my Kimber if you can find them.