Remington R1 .45 ACP

/ Remington R1 .45 ACP #31  
I love my 1911's and I love my Glocks both have their merits as far as a utterly reliable weapons go my Glocks are what I trust the most. Fact I usually shoot my CCH G30 in our monthly IDPA matches when I find time to go.

And as far as having tack driving handguns for target and competition my 1911's fit that very well 2 different tools for 2 different (my) requirements is how I see them. :thumbsup:

/ Remington R1 .45 ACP #32  
I have an R1. It is a great looking 45. First round I put through it a 230gr hollow point jammed. Several hollow points jammed. Good feeding on round nose 230 gr. it is a loose gun without a bullet in the chamber. I have a smith 1911 which has never jammed in 1000 plus rounds. and a smith m&p 45 that has not jammed in thousands of rounds. there are better guns for the money

lindy

/ Remington R1 .45 ACP #34  
Regarding generic FTF's, one of my manuals (Springfield 45 or Sig 229) makes the point to say the firearm and ammunition work together as a system. I forget which, but its a point often forgot. Neither is more or less important than the other.

/ Remington R1 .45 ACP #35  
I just read a review on this gun in "Gun Tests", they rated it very highly, reliable and well built. Unlike other gun magazines, they buy their own guns like we do and accept no advertizing.

/ Remington R1 .45 ACP #36  
IMHO the best "bang for the buck" with very reliable feed/function in a .45 is the Stoeger Cougar 8045. Of all the .45's I own/have owned, it's the least sensitive about ammo. It shoots everything and never jams. It's one of the softest shooting .45's because of the double stack magazine width and comes with a rail for a light/lazer. Great fit and finish and shares the same magazine with the Beretta Storm carbine, so if you ever wanted a carbine/pistol combo that fires a .45......Oh yeah, it's also only $450. Made in Turkey on Beretta Machinery.

/ Remington R1 .45 ACP #38  
The only reason I own so many guns is because they haven't made a perfect one yet too date.:cool:

/ Remington R1 .45 ACP
   / Remington R1 .45 ACP #40  
This new .45 would not be the ONLY gun for home protection. I do have other guns for that...

I don't quite know what to make of that statement.

If you need a gun and have the .45 in hand, a failure of any kind means you have about 0.001 seconds to come up with another gun or be the second place finisher.